Ken, that is exactly what Jan was taught in the class she took in Dallas. "I was afraid I was going to be killed." "I want to cooperate with the police and will tell you exactly what happened when my attorney arrives." Nothing more, even if threatened with being taken to jail. Anyone needs time to think through such a situation and ten minuets after a shooting is not the time to be giving law enforcement a statement.
Tuga, you will also learn that pulling the trigger is the last thing you want to do. You will be taught several things to say to an attacker if there is time. "I have a gun and I will shoot you" is first. "If you don't stop, I will shoot you" is another.
I do not ever want to shoot someone. I will do everything possible to avoid that happening. If, however, I am in a situation where I think there is nothing else I can do, to avoid being harmed, I will shoot and kill the attacker.



Reply With Quote