Tuga, you need bullet mass to get the job done. Knock down power.
22 not good for self defense!
If you want a hand gun, I recommend the taurus in the following link. You would load it 410 buck shot alternating with 45 cal.
The model chambered for 2.5 in shells is adequate and cheaper, there is however a new model in 3.00 in.
The recoil is minimal and has a soft comfortable grip.
I have the 2.5.
http://www.taurususa.com/products/pr...egory=Revolver
If you want a shotgun I recommend the Renington 870 Express synthetic folding stock. Very well made and proved in service for many years. Not overly expensive either. When I bought mine, I was told that this gun is legal in all states and is considered a sporting armament even if it does appear to be at first sight. Use buck shot also.
http://www.remington.com/products/fi...ding_stock.asp
I agree with Denny, that the venerable model 1911 in 45 cal is also an excellent choice.
JIM


Reply With Quote