Thread: Aux Air Leak??

Hybrid View

Lightbulb

Some have a single small screw in the center of the electrical "plug" on one end (the part with the wires)

Loosen the screw and wiggle off the plug.

Examine the valve body to discern the way in which it is mechanically mounted to the switch block, and loosen that mounting. (save all screws, as they will be needed for remounting the new valve)

Swing the old valve, still attached to the air, out of the way and mount the new valve to the switch block.

Remove the airline and fitting from the old valve. Install the existing line and fitting to the new valve. (best to have the air off), but could be done in a pinch with air in system (work quickly).

Brian, your camera needs cataract surgery.

dreamchasers Guest

Bruce,

The attached link will provide log on information to the Suspension Presentation that Jon and I gave at Seiverville this year. It should help with the basic features of the suspension. I am sure your particular coach converter added its modifications. The presentation was based on a prevost drawing for my version of coach, 1995.

If Jim Skiff reads this message, please get in touch with me to coordinate providing a link to this presentation directly from this site for easy access by POG members.

http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/...ead.php?t=2116

Good luck,

Hector
    Last edited by dreamchasers; 08-02-2008 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Sorry forgot the add the link, 'Me Bad'.

Quote Originally Posted by JIM CHALOUPKA View Post
    Some have a single small screw in the center of the electrical "plug" on one end (the part with the wires)

Loosen the screw and wiggle off the plug.

Examine the valve body to discern the way in which it is mechanically mounted to the switch block, and loosen that mounting. (save all screws, as they will be needed for remounting the new valve)

Swing the old valve, still attached to the air, out of the way and mount the new valve to the switch block.

Remove the airline and fitting from the old valve. Install the existing line and fitting to the new valve. (best to have the air off), but could be done in a pinch with air in system (work quickly).
    Jim I will follow your suggestions but after I get a replacement part. PS> there is no way that I will be able to do this quickly as all projects are on the job training sessions for me.

Also when I restart the bus am I going to be able to return to normal ride level position?? Is this solenoid that vital a a part to the operation of the bus over the road????