Thread: First time Prevost buyer here, going to inspect and pickup the coach this Monday

Threaded View

20170924_094151.jpg

I'm at the track this week, lots of haulers to use for example. This first photo is date code 03 looks like a very new tire. I don't need to find this guy and question him this is a 14 year old tire and I know his stuff's been parked inside. I've pulled tires off of stuff half as old as the one on the top picture that looks worse than the one in the bottom picture.

20170924_094247.jpg

Here is an 06. It looks twice as old as it is. Both tire Michilan. Here's a rig that gets parked outside.

If u r storing outside your stuff is deteriorating quicker than u can use it up.

If u r storing inside u have the option to stretch the envilope some.

IMHO if your store. Outside or even if your stored inside but your seasonal and you go down South for two or three months a year those tire covers are worth their weight in gold but that just protects the tires all that other rubber stuff down there sees the same symptoms.

Best used coach you can buy is one from a guy who's already had two or three and he's getting another and he has had it inside, that's going to be the best bus you can get.

I could have done this thread using photos of airbags or brake lines it would all be the same the buses that are inside bags that are 10 and 15 years old are still mint I've seen it more than once I'm not saying to run them to that point I'm just sharing for a comparative sake.

That's why service records are so important too cuz you could be looking at a 95 or a 96 and take a good look at that chassis and it might look really really good still, and if it's a bus that's been sitting inside with no history u just don't know by looking at it. You got to take it apart to find out.

Thank God for tire codes.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 09-24-2017 at 10:21 AM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines