Thread: Aux Air Leak??

Threaded View

Default Aux Air Leak??

When I arrived at my current destination I manually leveled the coach before turning it off. After turning off the bus I went outside so that Pam could extend the slide out. This process requires that we unlock the key which is an Aux Air driven device. All worked fine, and the slide went out without a hitch.

I then heard what sounded like air leaking from the steering bay, opened it to hear air escaping from a small red plastic valve release or over pressure device (see attached image).

When I placed my finger over the opening, bottom red plastic valve, adjustable to some degree, attached to a small black square box which has a black air line coming in the air stops, but after a few seconds the 75psi blow off valve blows off the excess air pressure. I thought that all that was happening was that I had a few extra pounds of air in the system and it was bleeding off until it reached the correct pressure. I decided to wait until the next morning to check.

I have checked the pressure and there is none in the aux air side which can be isolated by a valve for the slide out and pocket doors etc. I filled it back up and it is leaking back out at the same point, the little red plastic valve at the bottom of the row of 5. There are 6 lines, 2 black lines at the top, red green and yellow and black at the bottom underneath, its the black line at the bottom that leads back to a Norgren valve a few inches away.The leak is at the little red screw valve at the bottom black box.

Question: Is there a simple fix or do I need to replace the valve, as I call it, ie. the little black box with the red plastic pressure screw on it???

Thanks.

Bruce
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 0533; 08-02-2008 at 10:20 AM.