Thread: New member ... new to me 2001 Marathon XLVII

Threaded View

Wow, lots of different questions and threads. I might suggest using separate posts for each question in the future as these conversations can go on a while.
    As for your battery dates, you are correct: DN is April 2014. The rule is: First letter is the month, January is A. Second letter is the year with 2008 starting with H.

I talked to Marathon about a year ago about the 'proper' trigger voltage for the generator. They told me 21.8v for 30+ seconds. Personally that just seems too low to me and Lifeline (Battery Manufacturer emphasizes to avoid draining unnecessarily, it's just not healthy for the batteries. I've wanted to increase mine, but frankly I'm plugged in all the time so I don't care.
    I do have 6 brand new GPL-4DL batteries and can run for a long time without generator. YMMV if you wanna run A/C, heat, etc. Just don't do it on batteries. But before I replaced them last fall, i couldn't run 30 minutes on batteries with everything off. ugh. Be aware those batteries are very heavy. Marathon wanted only $400 more than it was going to cost me to do it myself. So I let Marathon (Coburg OR) do the swap. For me, that was worth it. This isn't like replacing your car batteries given they weigh 130lbs each.
    Last edited by Hoffman; 03-23-2020 at 06:11 PM.
    Joe & Diane Hoffman
    Prior coach: 2001 Marathon H3-45
    Sold the coach.
    For details: https://intelopment.wix.com/prevost/