Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: I"ve seen something on e-bay...advice please..

Born and raised in NJ..Still live there..

Default For All of You..!!!!...

John,
    I go to Seniors vs Crime when I get down to Fl. this fall...have an arrangement with them...

I'll look up Hoffman soon as I send this Post too John...Thank you...

Paul,
    It is Christmas in July for me for real...!!! and by far the best Christmas I have ever had...
    The last really good one was when Leo was real sick and somehow managed to buy me the Lowrey Majesty Organ I play every day...

Like everything else I'm only an amature...can't read but melody in sheet music but I put the rest in by ear...just play for own enjoyment most of the time...but sometimes in a CG a group will get together and someone will carry the Technics Keyboard I always carry in the coach outside to the picnic table and we all sing...but that's only when it's with people who love and remember the Oldies...

Last song I learned to play was ..."Lay Down Beside Me"...by Don Williams...ahem...!!! smile...My favorites are... "Danny Boy"...and... "Satisfied Mind"... I still try to sing a little but my voice is all but gone...

Leo played the Guitar and I just decided I would finally sell his Barney Kessel Signed Kay...so I can buy a Lap or preferrably a Pedal Steel Guitar...maybe learn a little on that...they sound soooo beautiful...but every dime went to save for my Prevo...until now...and the house is going on the market stat...soon as I find a mobile home in Fl...I didn't have to touch my approved Equity for the Prevo so I can buy it if I find it ...and I will........a whole lot easier than I did the Prevo...for sure...Can make changes in mobiles ...

Hugs Again ...and Many Thanks for everything... Always Viv...

Quote Originally Posted by flyu2there View Post
    Viv,

As so many others have said, congratulations! I am very happy for you!

Another gent mentioned that it looks like a Hoffman Conversion, I have to agree. They are still up and running and are easy to talk to, both the founder and his son; may be worth a call for any additional information that you may need. Look around for a number or something...........

Now just one question, how did the issue with the dentist resolve? Have you heard anything?

All the best,

John

OK Viv, it's only 1,450 miles to Oklahoma City and the slots are filling up fast! Pick-up Joe on the way across and you'll have your own personal mechanic in house!

dalej Guest

Great idea Tom, keep them coming!

Default I Will Try To Make the Gathering..

I will try to make the Gathering Tom,

I thought it was Oklahoma City but wasn't positive...didn't have my bus til this week so I didn't even consider it...I wouldn't have come with out it...
    I'll see too what Joe has to say about it...Not many could say they'd have their own personal mechanic along could they...Bless him....but I do have to get down to Fl...for that Case about the Dentist..Kind of important too...ahem..

Hugs Always Viv...

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    OK Viv, it's only 1,450 miles to Oklahoma City and the slots are filling up fast! Pick-up Joe on the way across and you'll have your own personal mechanic in house!

Default I just may be your neighbor in the next year or so...

Look how wound up I am...

I was just reading over all the old posts that started when I joined POG over two years ago...and now that I have my Bus I can make plans for the rest of my life...

I've wanted to buy a mobile home in or near central Fl. all along where I breathe the best...away from the coasts...in less humidity...

I hope to find a place with at least a 14 X 70 Mobile and a huge lanai...on it's own property so I only have to pay taxes...not in a community where the association fee's and rents keep going up every year...and with enough space to park my bus and car or two...

Probably will sell one of them...who needs 4...sentimentality made me keep the Lincoln my husband bought me last...but I do love shopping and spending the night in a Walmart or other area while I shop at my leisure in the Coach House Class B that I took to Ca. after my son died...It has the wee fridge to put the perishables in until I get back home in my own time...I usually only shop for staples twice a year...so I can pack that wee coach in a couple of days...I eat out a lot too...so wasteful to cook for only one person...

Then with saving 5K a yr. taxes and over 500. a mo. for gas and elec bills in this ole house I'll have more fuel money to travel with...as well as to keep my bus up and fix up any mobile home I find if it needs some repair...

In the summer hot months I'll come back to Jersey to spend some time at my daughters' place in Bayville and visit the few old friends I still have here... I know my dau. will come down to Fl..every winter...Try and keep her away...lol...Prob. see her more there than I do here...

Those are the gist of my plans now that I HAVE AT LAST FOUND MY BUS...!!!
    Everything hinged on that...

Incidently, Don who I bought it from called me not a half hour ago wanting to know if I was still as happy as I was when he left to go back to Birmingham...I know he's convince I am...He said he could tell it in my voice...We're already talking about him bringing Media down to Fl. this winter to visit me...I believe we'll be friends for life...

And last but not least...The ship now has it's own name...the Printer Bob Hinkson and his mother who works in the office are making the new sign for the destination spot over the windshield to read..
    ... "JourneyOne's Cruiser" ...
    Bob has made all the signs I ever had put on any coach or car...all said ... "JourneyOne" ... I've already explanined the reason I added Cruiser in my last e-mail...

I'm having the 50 amp. outlet I had on my house for my Vectra put back...and keeping the 30 amp already there for the Coach House...The Prevost has to sit for a bit 'til I get all this stuff done before The Rally or my Trip down to Fl..in it..I'm not going to pull my tow car this year...want to know the coach better to be safer...I did without one for years so I can do it again...May take a folding scooter I already have since I have the Bays big enough to fit it in...one more advantage...That just hit me this second... Smile..

The wind down will be My Friend Karen and I playing ...Hand & Foot... the Canasta card game in the Coach as soon as I get all moved in... Halleluliah...

I'm already thinking about a short virgin run out to Maple Lake Camp Ground for a few days or week...Love their lake and I know my way around there real good...Just Itching to drive it again...lol...Maybe after the electrician installs the 50 amp..and just before I plug it in...Got so much to remember to do before I can even turn the key...I want to practice doing it...OOOOhhhhh

Hugs Always Viv...

Quote Originally Posted by phorner View Post
    Joe,

You're always welcome to become our neighbor in the Sunshine State!

Default Ear to Ear Grins

Quote Originally Posted by flyu2there View Post
    Viv,
    Now just one question, how did the issue with the dentist resolve? Have you heard anything?
    All the best,
    John
    Congrats Viv!! Like John, I am also wondering what happened with the 'Devious Dentist', Mr Steve Katz?

At the very least Vivian you learned an expensive lesson but by being so positive and tenacious you finally got what you wanted. (and deserved).

You still haven't answered if you are going to OKC. I'm sure you will win "Ms Popularity" if you show up.

Enjoy!

Darl

PS: I think you also win the "Longest thread on one subject"

Default If I can persuade Joe C. to come with me I would love it..

Hi Darl,

I would love to come to the Rally and I will if Joe C. can come with me...maybe Debbie too..It's up to him...because..

I will only take it alone to Fl..where I know almost every bump in the road for my virgin voyage...I need to get back into driving a real bus again and this is one a little bigger and a whole lot newer than any I ever drove before...so I want to take every percaution to be safe...

I couldn't get a better first trip if I could come to Ok. and I know Joe would help me get more familiar with all I have to get down really pat...and I tell you I'm not sure of a whole bunch that Don drummed into me...

Being away from the Driving end for a week now and moving into it have taken all my waking hours...

I don't see any oil anywhere..and I'm having an electrician come Wed. this week to instally the 50 Amp outlet for me...

I also still don't have the Bill of Sale so I can go to Motor Vehicles and transfer my plates from the Dolphin to the Prevost... get the taxes they'll hit me with paid...

Gotta tell ya...to make it really mine I couldn't resist buying one item...and I'm going to ask the electrician to install it for me while he's here Wed...He doesn't even know that yet...but he's a friend and if he has time I'm sure he'll do it for me...

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...34860664EFiKGv
    I would never have a real Palace but now I can try and turn My Prevost into one...

Girl Stuff...I know guys don't often appreciate these things much...Smile..

Jugs o' Hugs Always Love Viv...

PS: Darl, You all had something to do with that Huge Thread...Thank Heavens..

Quote Originally Posted by Darl-Wilson View Post
    Congrats Viv!! Like John, I am also wondering what happened with the 'Devious Dentist', Mr Steve Katz?

At the very least Vivian you learned an expensive lesson but by being so positive and tenacious you finally got what you wanted. (and deserved).

You still haven't answered if you are going to OKC. I'm sure you will win "Ms Popularity" if you show up.

Enjoy!

Darl

PS: I think you also win the "Longest thread on one subject"

dalej Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Journeyone144 View Post
    where I know almost every bump in the road for my virgin voyage...
    I hate to say anything......but isn't it maiden voyage, or is there a rest of the story.

Viv, I just thought your lead in was perfect. Maybe I'm just in a good mood.
    Last edited by dalej; 07-26-2009 at 03:30 PM.

Default You Can't Be In A Better Mood Than I Am...

OOOOhhhh Dale..LOL...

Maybe not a maiden voyage perse' but I do have yet to be turned loose with it all alone...plenty nervous too...but I'll do it ...

I'm walkin' on air...unreal..I kept the Faith but it took so long there was always that nagging doubt...human instinct...but now I can look to make it mine...Make it Me... I love the glitz...

I found a hose reel but not sure if it can be used in mobiles...waiting for reply from the company...

http://www.gemplers.com/product/1394...atic-Hose-Reel

Hugs Always Viv...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++

Quote Originally Posted by dalej View Post
    I hate to say anything......but isn't it maiden voyage, or is there a rest of the story.

Viv, I just thought your lead in was perfect. Maybe I'm just in a good mood.

Default Joe C. I did what you told me to..

Hi Joe,
    The whole length of the coach when we first parked it was only about 4 inches off the ground and it hasn't gone down any further...Thank goodness because I thought it was really close to the ground...worried me at first but is that how far down all coaches sit when parked...I didn't notice it being that close to pavement when we parked to eat...on the way home ...but it could have been...

I had no cardboard but I can see there is a little oil on the black top in my drive way...It doesn't seem to be very much at all...but that's my inexperienced view...

The tag axel is still down after being parked 5 days...it would come up if if the release let go wouldn't it..?? Or would it...???

I haven't tried to start it...so all 3 battery switches are still turned off...

Two on the Pass. Side in same Bay...one on Driver side in Gen. Bay...

I will take pics..and try to upload here...if I can find any information on how to do it at the Website here...

I didn't plan to do anything but move in until I also get the 50 amp. outlet onto my house...Electrician was here and has had to order one...so I'm just waiting for him to come back..

I'm about half moved in...ta dahhh but leaving out much that was in the Dolphin ...shame on me...37 pairs of slacks...I never dreamed I had so many...lol..and I'll wear 5 or 6 favorites...so 30 stay OUT...Told you only because I had to give you all something to devil me for...didn't count Tops...
    Not gonna be such a pack rat any more...I promise...

I have something I want to mention to you...My dau. and her husband have built 5 houses and when she walked thru' it ...she said she noticed a spongy feeling underfoot at one point of the floor between the washer/dryer and the bathroom door in the hallway...Could that mean bad wood underneath from perhaps past water problems...???????????????? I can't feel it...

Quote Originally Posted by Journeyone144 View Post
    HI Joe, All,

I know how to add oil...I know how to loosen belts...and sooo much more...OOOHHHH

Big Hugs Always Viv...