My Jake has been acting up for a little while now. Started maybe a few weeks ago. Here are the symptoms:

Driving down the road, everything is great, jake is working in hi and lo. No problems. Then all of the sudden, I find myself picking up speed going down a hill and notice the Jake isn't kicking in. So I step on the accelerator and let it back up and wham, the Jake kicks back in.

Once, I stopped, and lubed up that little wheel under the pedal and blew the spring out with some compressed air. Seemed to make it work better.

Some variations on the same theme.... jake no go, step on accel. and jake turns on, then off, then on then off, etc. It is almost as if the sensor thinks I'm keeping my foot on it ever so slightly. Ya know, how you can keep the Jake from coming on by just laying a slight amount of weight on the pedal?

Tonight, all was well, other than an obscene amount of driving today. Then, late at night, all of the sudden, no Jake. This time, I couldn't get it to come back on at all. We were not in the mountains any more, so it didn't matter... other than that we will again be in the mountains... soon!

Any thoughts? The previous owner had replaced that little square sensor that hooks to the pedal. I'm wondering if he did it because his Jake wasn't working. Maybe I'll email him and ask.

Thanks for any help.

Best,

Adam