Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brag on Marathon - Grand Prairie

Default Brag on Marathon - Grand Prairie

I normally do a fair amount of my own coach improvement work, but a spinal fusion (L5/S1) 6 weeks ago put an end to that for awhile. I had a list of things I needed to get done to my new-to-me Marathon H3-45, so......I scheduled an appointment with the guys at Marathon Grand Prairie, just outside Dallas, Tx.

I have been noticing a decline in customer service and general quality of work in most interactions I have on a daily basis; car dealerships, retail outlets restaurants, etc. NOT SO with Marathon Grand Prairie! I arrived the night before my appointment and found ample parking and hook-up's available. The facility and grounds were clean, secure and well maintained. I was told by the service Manager (Chris Lewis) that work starts at 8:30am on Monday's due to a 30 minute shift huddle meeting. Promptly at 8:30am, Chris and his Shop Foreman knocked on my door and the work began.

My worklist required about 3-4 days to complete, so my wife and I left the coach and stayed with friends in the area for a few days. I was pleasantly surprised and happy to receive an e-mail the next morning with a recap of the 1st day's work, findings, corrective actions and remaining work to be completed. WOW! WHAT A GREAT EXPERIENCE! I received one of those every morning while my coach was there.

The work was completed with care and was of high quality. The staff and employees of the facility were friendly and would go out of their way to say hi. Overall, a customer service experience I haven't been used to in quite some time. WAY TO GO TEAM MARATHON-GRAND PRAIRIE!
    I will definitely visit them again.

Thanks to the team for the pride you show in your work.......

Great to hear positive experiences like this.
    I also have had good experiences with the staff at Eugene, Marathon. One thing I really like is that they let us into the workbay with them and teach about what they're doing. I find the technicians tend to like to talk to the owners, i think it makes for a better experience as we become better owners.
    Joe & Diane Hoffman
    Prior coach: 2001 Marathon H3-45
    Sold the coach.
    For details: https://intelopment.wix.com/prevost/

It's great to see positive reviews on Marathon - Texas. In the last year or so they had some personnel changes. Chris was probably their best tech and was promoted to service manager. Their customer experiences weren't always so positive.

Great news and thanks for sharing.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Thanks for the update about Grand Prairie Marathon. I have scheduled my Lifeline batteries install there. I am looking forward to a quality experience.

I ment to ask how is the drive to get there. Being in between Dallas & Ft. Worth. We will be coming in on east side of Dallas.

If you plan to come in from I30 (from the East) it's fine until you get to 360.....basically at Six Flags. The interchange is under construction and quite a mess. I got off at 161, about a mile before you hit 360, and went in the back way. Much easier.......

Agree on the I-30 to 360 interchange. Its a mess. If you do not want to do the tolls on 161, you could go from I-30 to 35E north in Dallas then get on 183 west and drop into Prevost.

Mark and Debbie Fratto
    1998 Parliament

Is the Prevost you speak of, the Marathon Coach in Grand Prairie ? That's where my work will be performed.
    ?

Steve,

Prevost also has a branch in Grand Prairie. The Prevost branch (on Frye Road) is a couple of miles (other side of the Trinity River) from Marathon Coach's facility (on Post and Paddock).

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Either way if you are coming from the east going west on I-30 and exiting to go north on 360 I doubt you can make the turn without dragging your drive and tags over the median. The temporary exit is just way too tight. I watch the trucks drive over the median every time I’m there. Use one of the alternate routes suggested.

Mark and Debbie Fratto
    1998 Parliament