Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2001 H3-45 Vantare for $237,777

Default 2001 H3-45 Vantare for $237,777

Here is another interesting buy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-...spagenameZWDVW

Soon good Mercedes will cost more then our buses
    Last edited by Alek&Lucia; 08-01-2008 at 01:41 PM.

Unless they have changed recently there is no such thing as a good Mercedes, unless you love visiting their service department.

dalej Guest

there is no such thing as a good Mercedes-Jon

Low wing planes don't fly. They are so ugly the earth repels them-Jon

Jon, is Di away from home? you seem a little frisky!

Never had any positive experience with any sedans, but the last two ML500 SUV's were good for us. Don't compare them with Jeep or Hummer, which are real 4x4 offroad machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Alek&Lucia View Post
    Here is another interesting buy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-...spagenameZWDVW

Soon good Mercedes will cost more then our buses
    Correction: Buy it Now Price is $237,777 not $274,000. Man these things are dropping in price like crazy.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Did everyone see the disclaimer at the end of the listing. At least their being up front about a few problems. Say, Miles, how about a CarFax report on this one.

"This is not a perfect coach; however, it looks sharp and most of the things works in it.

It will need some TLC as it has been stored for several months. We can help you in getting it road ready for you".

Anyone run a Carfax on this? Hard to believe a 2001 H3 at $237k. The pictures show pretty well. A little dirty in spots, but better than I expected. If I were interested in a Vantare H, I would probably go look at it.

I wonder what "the rest of the story" is behind this coach?

Ray

I know that all of us are constantly tinkering. It might just be to tighten up a hinge or to find a plug on the TV has come loose.

My point is that anytime we drive our house down the highway it is being shaken apart. Add to that the fact that our houses on wheels have many systems and devices, all of which are relatively complex assemblies and we have a situation in which some TLC is required during or after every trip.

It is easy to imagine that not all owners care to give thier coach that little bit of care, and a lot of things could be left broken and the coach is still more comfortable and has more features that work than the average plastic palace. So maybe the comments in the ebay posting mean just that. They mean the coach has a bunch of little things somebody needs to fix. They could be annoying things like dash lights that are out, or more serious things like a TV that doesn't work.

The ad makes it clear if you buy it, you fix it. This is a true buyer beware purchase, but I still don't see the price as way out of line. It reflects that the owner chose to leave things that are broken unfixed and he is going to have a sales price that is consistent with that. It is also going to be considered by every buyer that if he did not take care of the little things that just need some TLC, he likely ignored routine maintenance.

I would consider that coach to be a shop project. Great for someone who doesn't mind going out to the garage every night and working on the bus for a few hours.

Victor Dimera Guest

Evidently they will take less as there is a "best offer" button. They obviously are serious about moving this unit. The buy it now is $237,777.00. An odd price but nonetheless they will entertain a lower offer. Long story short, the buy it now price is not firm.

You can call at 1-877-749 4942 ask for Jay. The unit is stored at the auction house. You can make an appointment and look before you make the bid. Looks and sounds like a bank repo.