In Texas triple towing is legal however the length is either 65' or 70' can't remember which... it varies from state to state... I am also pretty sure that the laws one abides by are that of the state you are travelling in and nothing to do with your license plate state... can't even imagine that!! when we triple tow its slow lane only and relatively short distances... as I mentioned earlier we are VERY careful and try not to draw attention to ourselves. I do know that in Texas all Texas road laws apply to everyone regardless of your license plate.
Diane

Gil_J;90267]Triple tow; I wonder if that is something that is enforced state by state, like overall length, or each state has to accept the laws of your state of registration. Regardless, triple towing surely puts you over the legal limit in every state with a length limit. Triple towing also MAY require your last tow to also have supplemental and/or a break-away braking system. Diane's looks light enough to not require supplementary or brake-away brakes. I've seen several 5th wheels towing cars. Besides the obvious challenge to get enough frame structure to the rear of the 5th wheel to tow a car, they would seem the first to be pulled over. On a generic RV site this topic comes up often and I don't recall anyone outside of CA being ticketed.[/QUOTE]