Quote Originally Posted by rickdesilva View Post
I checked and followed all the suggestions and procedures regarding bleeding, which was not necessary on my unit, so I finally emailed Prevost and figured that this may be a little over my head. They basically diagnosed it bad power steering pump. I couldn't figure why at a dead stop the wheel was almost impossible to move and rolling just a little gave me back my power steering this didn't sound logical to me but, my experience with the South Brunswick NJ Prevost facility has been great so I trust their info.. So a new pump and fliter and fluid change gets me 100% again.
Hello to All,

We were at the Prevost Service center in Quebec last week to have a few items addressed. While there I mentioned that at the end of a driving day that I noticed that the steering was starting to get more difficult and it would start to squeal when I was making slow turns while moving, with some back pressure.

Their best mechanic (Marcel) who my possibly be the most knowledgeable Prevost Mechanic on earth, confirmed by Quebec Prevost, inspected the power steering and determined that we needed to bleed the system, drain all fluids and replace the power steering fluid with a heavier motor oil. We went through the process together, draining, replacing the filter cleaning out the reservoir and bleeding off the air. Of all the things that I have done to this bus I can say that the outcome from this one item makes an enormous difference in the steering, handling, tightness and feel over the road. Great value.

PS> The first thoughts from the service writer was that I needed to replace the pump.

If any of you are ever at Quebec Prevost, ask for Marcel to work on your Bus. He did about ten little items to our Bus that really showed me just how careful and experienced he is.

One Example: He checked all fluid levels including wheel bearing, transmission and drive axle. He added small amounts in some cases and removed excess fluids in other, including over filled wheel bearings and Drive axle, just small amounts put very careful. All business with great attention to detail.

I would recommend this to anyone who is experiencing any steering issues.