Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: CC XL45 with 2 slides

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradobus View Post
    Yes, Maybe, We are looking at 50X65 with the 14 foot doors. The Morton Building guy is coming next Wednesday to survey (eyeball) the lot.
    Jim, the only question I have is how many horses are going to be in your new Morton barn???? And Jon is correct, they are never big enough!

Guess time will tell if we go to the Palm Springs Auto auction again. 2 years ago got us a 1969 Cadillac convertible, last week yielded a 1979 3/4 t pick up with a 460 with 46,000 miles on it. It is like new, all documentation came with it. It was built in and lived in Califonria all its life. A Ford dealer in Hawthorne Ca had it on it's showroom floor. We drove it home, me in the coach towing Rover and Chris following behind in the truck, We will tow the '79 Airstream with it this summer.
    We will have RV parking for a few coaches with full hookups, tho. (50 amp)
    Last edited by Coloradobus; 03-08-2007 at 10:10 PM.

Yeah, we know all about "the barn is not big enough" . Currently putting up one that is 50 x 100 so as to house the bus with trailer and still be able to load- unload inside. At first it seemed too big and now that it's getting warm enough to pour concrete in sw colorado, the staked out area seems too small.

Don't forget that pit in the new barn.

Lessons learned the hard way....arrange the doors and access so every vehicle has its own door and can be moved in or out without having to move another vehicle. In addition to making it big enough, make it tall enough.

Put electric outlets everywhere. If you do not have internal posts, drop them from the ceiling. Ditto with air lines.

If you have better lighting than the average hospital has in its surgeries, you almost have enough.

For the bus and the Airstreams... nothing is as nice as having water connections nearby, RV electrical connections up to 50 amp, and sewer connections. Priceless.

Jim Kellar,
    I just remembered that the "HWH" slide CC XL's must have the rooms totally removed to replace the air bladder.
    The "HWH" slideroom brand in Marathon "H" sliderooms must be removed for air seal replacement. Its a costly repair.$$$$$$$$$
    Last edited by Coloradobus; 03-10-2007 at 01:11 AM.

matsprt Guest

Maxbeer,

Jim was a valuable resource here for me about a year ago when I was looking at one of those very same CC Prevosts. In the end I passed on it, and I'm very grateful for all the info Jim was able to supply.

Michael

As is the case with any project, you find there are many things to add. If you can place one or two strategic 50 amp Pin sleeve style recepticles in the Barn, then you can buy a 100 foot cord and a 'Spider Box' which has the ability to plug in different types of recepticles and loads all in one portable Box. I use them all the time in my buisness and they are a very flexible way of providing power cheaply to a large area. Gary
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

maxbeer Guest

Default CC XL45 2slide Forgotten----Thanks

Well Gentlemen, We have officially forgotten about the 2 slide CC. Don't care to buy trouble. Thanks to everyone that posted your thoughts on the subject.

I have zeroed in on a CC XL45 '99 non-slide bus. A quick question, most '99 buses I see have 470hp engines and most 2000 buses have 500hp engines. What changed? Is this a basic series 60 that has had the computer program changed to 500 hp or is something more complex going on?
    Would anyone, beside MangoMike be able to notice the difference in normal operations?

Thanks for the help, Larry

Maxbeer, My 99 Country Coach has a 500 hp dd. I think some of the 98's also had that same motor.

maxbeer Guest

Jim, was the 500 hp engine an option or has the engine been upgraded?

Larry