Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Fat Beagle Bash 09

Pete, Karen and I sure wish we were going to be there with you guys. Hello to EJ, Karen and Tuga !

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

We wish you could be here as well. I THINK it would be good for your CC to make the trip, and I KNOW it would be good for you and Karen to get a little Texas sun and hospitality in the hill country. Who knows, someone might even tell a lie. (Loc most likely)

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

I have made reservations for Friday (tomorrow night) at the Lake House restaurant at 6:15 pm. I am trying to get a general headcount to make sure that we have enough room reserved. If you are planning on joining us for dinner tomorrow, please let me know. I have a reservation for 25 and need to let the restaurant know if we need more space.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Loc,

We are in for the Lake house

The party has already started.

Default Pictures of Fat Beagle Bash 2009

Here are the pictures we took during our Great Time at the Fat Beagle Bash 2009. http://picasaweb.google.com/gstevens...O34rJKfm7jYJg#

The best viewing is to run the slideshow and set the frame time for about 5 seconds.

I could not remember everyone's names, so I am sorry if I didn't put yours down below your picture, BUT come-on I helped go thru 36 pitchers of Margarittas that weekend. If you have some friends that were there but won't see this POG post, feel free to forward the slide show on to them to enjoy.

Gary S.

Thanks to everyone that attended this year's Fat Beagle. We had 48 campers and 62 for dinner on Saturday night. This year was definitely a good time even with the rain on Saturday and the shattering events of Saturday night (I let someone else tell this year's Murphy story). Thanks Gary for posting the pictures. I ended up being a little busy making the 36 pitchers of Beagleritas to take many pictures. Make your plans now for next year's shindig - as they same on TV - same Beagletime, same Beaglechannel.

A couple of thank yous for the Fat Beagle.

A special thanks goes to Ann Ducote. Not only did Ann and Andre get the longest traveler award (Florida to Kerrville), but Ann shows up with a box koozies that she has embroidered with the Fat Beagle Bash 2009 and a somewhat svelte (skinner) head shot of the Fat Beagle. As soon as I get some time I will post some pictures of Ann's work. Thanks Ann you have received Hero Beagle status.

As was the case last time we camped with Merle and Louise, Hero Beagle status goes to Tuga and Karen for the best appetizers ever at a Happy Hour. Karen made crawfish pies that are fantastic. All I can say is that if you get the chance to try one, take two or three or you will regret it. Not to be outdone, Tuga made fried shrimp brochette that went quicker than he could fry up the next batch.

Pete Petree fried and scrambled eggs to order on Sunday morning, stepping in for the greatly missed Mel "the Egg Flipper" Torme. Pete even helped to keep me from burning the pancakes.

Gary and Peggy provided the Mimosas on Sunday morning for breakfast and also provided Triple Sec for the Beagleritas so that we could keep the pitchers coming. I had two bottles and ran out on Saturday.

And finally, thanks to Tony and Jenny Conder (Aggies 09) for supplying backup Tequilla for Sunday and grocery shopping for needed supplies so that the Sunday happy hour would stay happy.

Thanks everybody!!!!

Sounds like a great weekend - we will definitely make it next year.

Default A Big Thank YOU

Big Thank you to everyone involved in the Fat Beagle Bash 2009. There's nothing like a rally honoring a Fat Beagle.

Karen & I had a great time at Pete and EJ's house Wednesday night before the rally. They have a beautiful place in Sealy. It is so quiet out there we slept until 8:30 AM! Then to top off a perfect day, Pete allowed me to drive his beautiful Vision to Kerrville while Karen drove my Newell.

Another big thank you to Loc & Company for putting this rally together. It was a lot of work, but the LocMan did a great job as usual. I wasn't aware that Loc was such a expert bait caster; he retrieved one of the M&M's shoes that was floating in the river. Ask me how the shoe got in the river?

Andre & Ann thanks for the coozies and also for coming the longest distance. See you guys in OKC.

And of course Gary & Peggy are due a really big thank you for providing the Beaglearitas and the 2 pop up tents. Those tents were really nice to get out of the sun. The only thing that would have made it nicer would have been to change the colors of the tents to purple & gold! Go Tigers!

One of the things Karen & I like most about the rallies is the opportunity to meet new people. We met new members (to us) Tony & Jenny Conder and Carol & Jim Trout. They were super!

Looking forward to next year!
    Last edited by merle&louise; 09-09-2009 at 01:51 PM.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Gordon,

When I saw the scores on Sunday, I was thinking you would have had a better time with the Fat Beagle than at Jerryworld.

Loc