Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: XL2 panel delamination

I have a 2000 entertainer XL2 I don't have a bay leak, what I am getting a leak from over the drivers front area and collects in the bay under the drivers area, I have recaulked around all the glass and resealed the roof rivets, around the air horns and every other roof penetration, have tightened the side window brackets and still taken in water during heavy rand or driving down a hill.

Hi tskrodzki. The top marker lights have been known to leak.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Thank you. I will try those again. I was running low on caulking and just went over what was there. I will try removing the old pulling the light cleaning it up and resealing it.

Quote Originally Posted by merle&louise View Post
    I wonder if flush rivets would be a viable solution! I know that flush rivets are used on airplanes.
    Tuga,
    GENERALLY........
    The rivets on an airplane are "bucked". Meaning that someone on the outside is holding resistance against the flush side of the rivet and on the inside a "peanning device is being used on the rivet.
    Prevost in their XL2 repair is using a flush rivet in the style of a POP rivet, so there is a hole that has to be filled, which is why they put the strip over the top of it to cover it up. The SS strip is adhered with 2 sided sticky tape.
    Ed
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma
    PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS & THEIR FAMILIES

I understand Ed, thanks!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Biloxi, MS (Beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast)

I like many of you thought I had no problem with delamanation until about a month ago when I noticed a slight crack where the front slide stainless is glued at the bottom front curve. I stuck my fingernail in and found it was loose. I checked the rear slide and found it similar. I then checked the other side and found a 6 inch place at a joint very loose! I called Bill Jensen and he had me call John, Service Mgr. in Jacksonville, as that is closest service center. He told me they are doing 2 at a time, so I made appointment for this week. They showed me one they have just completed and it looks great. I think this fix will correct the problem. They are putting rivets at the front and rear of each panel after re-glueing any loose places. Also rivets along the top and bottom of all panels, these covered by belt mouldings. Looks like they are putting plenty of rivets in. They then cover rivets at both ends of the panels with stainless matching whats there. It really looks good and should fix the problem. I gathered that Prevost is covering the repair for up to 5 years. so mine got covered. Anyone with a 5 year or less coach really needs to carefully inspect every panel because you probably have some loose.

As a side note, while at Jacksonville I noticed an XLII that had been in a collision that must have really been bad right under the driver. The bumper was bent around to the frame and wall just in front of the front tire. The main frame showed where it had pushed into something as everything was peeled back around it. The driver side access door was gone. The DRIVER area was above all of this dammage!! This showed that Prevost does buiold a strong Bus.

Hey Ed, Hope your repair goes well, Nice looking coach you had Monday morning. The staff got my slides working Monday morning. I could not asked for better service. Here is a pic of that damaged coach you were referring to.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RIVETS RULE

Default What do we have here?

Do you know what is behind your panels?

Sorrry, don"t know how to rotate picture. Go clockwise!
    Ed

Jaime, if you could rotate the picture, it would be appreciated.
    Ed
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CAPT MOGUL & Sandy; 07-29-2012 at 10:19 PM.
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma

Quote Originally Posted by tskrodzki View Post
    collects in the bay under the drivers area, I have recaulked around all the glass and resealed the roof rivets, around the air horns and every other roof penetration, have tightened the side window brackets and still taken in water during heavy rand or driving down a hill.
    tskrodzki, are you getting water in the lower deck bay? Specifically speaking about the cargo bays? If so, it is for sure probably from the panel delaminating.
    Ed
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma