Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Tire Pressure

Welcome aboard Robert. You are in for the ride and time of your life.

I use the Doran Tire Pressure Pro, and have it linked to the bus and the toad, and it really gives me the piece of mind. Great choice in my opinion.

And yes there are lots of other brands out there, so take your time and search back in these posts for related topics to tires, TPM systems. You will find more answers than you wanted to know.

Don't forget to put your SIGNATURE line in about who, what where, so we all know what your driving and where your from.

Gary S.

Welcome to the asylum Robert. If you do a search on tire pressure monitoring systems using all the different terms you can think of you will find enough opinions here to make Congress look like amateurs.

Gary gave good advice about adding a signature line especially because any questions you may have need responses relative to an entertainer coach and not a motorhome. Depending on the converter it is probable you have some similar systems, but there is the possibility you have some different systems as well. For example we all have inverters. You may not, but my have to rely on generator(s) or shore power. You definitely have a longer wheel base and it is unlikely your bays are layed out like a motorhome. None of these things are bad, they are just different.

With your experience with a truck it is doubtful anything on the drive train will surprise you, but if your coach has a level low system that is unique to these coaches and you will need an understanding of it.

So ask all the questions you want. Don't hesitate to offer your opinion. We may actually give correct answers to your questions (or not) and your opinions are sure to be better than most of ours.

BTW, no more pulling into the chicken coops.

From my SmarTire manual as Ray has noted previously.
    A tire is considered to be “cold” when its temperature is 65°F
    (18°C). The inflation values provided by vehicle manufacturers
    (found in the vehicle’s owners manual and usually on the door
    jam or in the glove box) are called ‘Cold Inflation Pressures’ (CIP)
    because they represent the correct amount of pressure a tire
    should be inflated to when it is “cold”. The reason that tires have
    cold inflation pressures set at 65°F is because a tire’s pressure
    will change relative to its temperature.

A tire inflated to a CIP of 105 PSI at 65°F will increase in pressure
    to 125 PSI at 152°F and decrease in pressure to 97 PSI at 32°F.
    As such, on days when the ambient temperature is higher than
    65°F, the cold inflation pressure of a tire should be higher than
    the value specified by the vehicle manufacturer. The opposite
    applies for days when the ambient temperature is less than 65°F.

John:

Forgive my ignorance but do you have a phone number I may contact you at? I would like to discuss an event with you that you may be of interest.
    Thanks

John:

Forgive my above sentence structure. LOL The medicaion is working on me. When is the best time to call?.

John or Jon?

If you want to talk to me Bill I'm likely here all day. We have a bunch of snow and nobody is coming up or going down our driveway.

I meant Jon.

Phone numer??

Just as a reminder, we have a section in the Links for members who thankfully make their information available. Just click Quick Links then POG Member Resources and then scroll down to whatever state the member resides or go here:
    http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/...ember-Resource

If you're not in the POG Member Resources, please do everyone a favor and add your information, someone may need your help one day!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Jeff,

When the 45 foot coaches were originally built in 94 the tag axles automatically dumped air when the steering wheels were turned to the extreme in either direction. I don't know when or how the stabilizator system to prevent the rear of the bus from dropping came into being but several buses owned by POG members have that feature also.

Having said that I heard but do not have any way to confirm this that Prevost and some converters were disabling those features so it is my opinion you may or may not have either of the systems and if you do they may or may not work.

While you or Stephanie turn the wheel hard left or right, the other should stand next to the tag axle and see if the rear of the coach drops a little from the driving height, or if air is heard to escape from the tag air bags. That's the easiest way to know how your bus is currently set up.

If the rear does drop and air escapes from the tag air bags then the automatic dumping of air from the tag axle air bags works and you do not have to dump air manually. If air escapes but the rear of the bus does not drop it is probable you have the automatic air dumping feature and the bus is equipped with stabilizators. I doubt if it is, but it is possible due to the vintage.
    Possibly of interest to some.
    During maintenance and inspection I became aware of a stabilizator situation, that being some of the bushings were missing and the gizmo wobble/rattled around.

Called Prevo to order some new and on receiving them noted that they were red polyurethane plastic and not the soft shock bushings that found their way onto the bus.
    $2.89 ea. They should last longer and the stabilizator should have a more positive lift with the stiff bushing.

If you are interested in performing the new bushing install, be sure to have an impact wrench for an easy job. They use crimped lock nuts and the mounting studs are long.

JIM

JIM

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    Just as a reminder, we have a section in the Links for members who thankfully make their information available. Just click Quick Links then POG Member Resources and then scroll down to whatever state the member resides or go here:
    http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/...ember-Resource

If you're not in the POG Member Resources, please do everyone a favor and add your information, someone may need your help one day!
    Saw this post preceding my last and it reminded me there is still no Members Resources, can anyone tell us what happened?

JIM

JIM