Am I allowed to say "I told you so"?

If you do have a Montana LLC, if you can come up with a legitimate business purpose for the bus you may have a chance to beat the possible financial consequences.

We created the Jamestown Advanced campground equipment product line including fire rings, grilles, picnic tables, and electrical power outlets and the bus was used to attend as many as 30 trade shows annually, carrying the display and providing both our lodging and transportation. It was our ownership of the bus and using campgrounds around the country that inspired the creation of that portion of the business, now its primary business segment.

In later years I put on seminars for a major customer's behalf and the bus carried the seminar materials, samples, literature and AV equipment all of which could only be reliably expected to arrive at the seminar location via our bus or my plane.

As second benefit to having a legitimate business purpose is the bus can be claimed on the tax return. There is not much recapture involved if you expense a depreciating asset, although you will need some paperwork between you and the LLC for personal use.