I have the Real Wheels covers on my coach. They cover the wheel hub and all the lug nuts with a smooth polished stainless steel unit that is much easier to keep clean than the original individual plastic caps over each lug nut. Check out their web site for details.

They come with very well made brackets for attachments. These brackets clamp with a knife edge onto the outer exposed thread sticking out from the lug nut itself. So, you must have a thread showing, as was discussed in the other forum thread ( no pun intended). Their clamp actually grabs two adjoining lugs, and there are two brackets per wheel. Then, the cover screws onto the bracket with two 1/4 inch stainless steel screws. I use loctite on mine.

This is why I made the comment about milling down the lug nuts if the stud does not show a thread exposed. There has to be many multiples of strength safety factor on the lugs, bolts, and studs holding the wheels on as designed. As long as they are tight and properly torqued . The actual number of threads engaged on each nut/stud is not likely to be critical if you machine one or two threads away out of 10 or 15.

Real Wheels set me up as a distributor when I bought mine a few years back, they offered about a 20 or 25% discount. I have passed that along to 2 other POG members so far with good results, and would do the same for anyone else interested.