Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeep owners group !!

Hybrid View

The way I understand it, if it's an automatic transmission there is no steering lock, this is due to how many theft deterrent items are required. If it's a manual transmission the steering locks because the foot on the brake to take it out of park is not an option as the one of the deterrents. I may be wrong but that's what I believe to be true base on when I started towing my 2013 Wrangler Sahara and did my research.

Dave

I'm towing a 2017 Wrangler with an automatic transmission. While I don't want to jinx it, with 7,000 miles behind the bus, so far, no issues. It connects and disconnects in just a few minutes.

Good morning,

Currently looking to toad a jeep. I am considering a manual transmission for my jeep. Looked at a few this weekend. Have folks upgraded their front bumpers to eliminate the need for a receiver plate? If so, which front bumpers do you recommend?

Cant Recommend yet, but I just purchased a front bumper that I am using as a toad. It came with an online recommendation and I liked that it was built to add the tow bar connections directly to the front of the bumper. It is a Patriot bumper from Rock Hard 4 x 4. I will post more info after I install it next weekend and then use it in July!

Alex,

I have a 2016 Wrangler for Sale, 2 door, hard top with 10,900 miles with Blue Ox.
    Jeep for Sale

OMG - TOM

Bus is gone, Jeep is going, please tell me your keeping the wife LOL

Chuck
    Chuck & Katrina
    2000 Featherlite
    H3-45 Double slide
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel

I posted a few pictures from recent Jeep trips (this summer) to Stillwater Ranch Off-Road Park near Llano, Texas, Hidden Falls Adventure Park near Marble Falls, TX and Katemcy Rocks (K2) near Mason, TX on the Jeep Owners Group page. The white Jeep is a 2000 TJ on 35s also known as Dumb Jeep 1.0. The gray Jeep is a 2004 LJ stretched 8-inches on 43s known as Dumber Jeep 2.0. We are heading to Moab tomorrow for a week of wheeling. Towed Dumb Jeep 1.0 four wheels down for about 8 years (transfer case in neutral, transmission in park). Now both Jeeps are trailer queens. If you are interested in some fun Jeep video's check out the Facebook page for Otis McNeuvo (my alter ego and the only way I would be on Facebook).
    Last edited by Loc; 10-08-2019 at 06:12 PM.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Default Rock Hard Bumper

I purchased the Rock Hard bumper (aluminum W/winch mount) after seeing it advertised in FMCA magazine and doing some online research. Very happy with it. Aluminum bumper is very lightweight, easy to install, looks good, and no baseplate required with the towbar mounts directly thru the bumper into the frame. 2016 Rubicon, towed about 7000 miles since October 2016. two thumbs up!

Put my Rock hard bumper on the jeep this weekend. Was super light compared to the original steel one, well built, easy to install and tow hooks will be super easy to get at. Have nothing to say other than should be great for goin' down the road.

We have a 2016 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. Purchased it specifically to tow behind the motorhome.

Reese