-
Joe, thank you again for posting the pictures of the hub. I just pried the old seal out of the hub without removing the dust cover just using two big screwdrivers. There was so much crust and oil on the back side of the hub that I did not see the screws holding the cover. I looked for it after I saw your pictures. You are right, my hub is identical to the pictures you posted. Getting the seal out without removal of the cover was pretty easy and took only a minute, but definitely the wrong way of doing it, but I will do it correct the next time when doing the passenger side and also installing the new seal into this hub. Thank you for correcting me. In regards of increasing the front brake cylinders on the front axle, that would be an extreme. I really have not checked this out at this time and it might not even be possible. Right now I am hoping that all the repairs will get satisfactory results. If not, I will go back to the front and one remaining side of the tag to change rotors and the pads.
Also, you are talking about purchasing parts from Prevost only. The drums I am replacing are made by Webb and so are the new ones. If they are not 100% identical, they are going back. The new lining is made by Apex and is supposed to be a little better then the old ones. I am hoping for some good results so that I do not have to think "extreme " again.
Ben
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules