Joe, it is the treadle valve and the new one is an E-10 like Gil is describing. The leak on the drive axle hub is on the inner seal. I took the big brake drum and seal to my local parts supplier for turning the drum. They are unable to do it locally and are shipping it to Sacramento, CA. I live about 50 Miles from Sac. half way between Sac. and South Lake Tahoe, CA.
Hope to get it back on Monday. The drum was very uneven and has hundreds of small heat cracks to the extent that I am worried it might be rejected for repair. The passenger side probably will look the same. When replacing the front bags I also noticed these fine cracks on the front rotors. I think I mentioned that I completely replaced the drivers tag axle brake rotor and brake pads. They were completely destroyed. I am hoping, when I get my brake drums back, that I will see an improvement. When you feel the inside of the drum, it feels very wavy inside. I also have to get new shoes for the one side because of the oil on the brake shoes.
The reason I am so concerned about the stoping power of this bus is, because I had an incident where I almost rear ended a young women in an TOYOTA . I was in Pomona,CA and was driving my Eagle Bus from one Freeway into the Hwy.10 headed for Palm Springs, CA. While trying to merge into the #10 from my on ramp I had the foot all away on the throttle and was looking over my left shoulder to merge. The traffic on the on ramp in front of me was moving freely and when I looked forward again, the traffic had competly stopped. I must have been going at approx. 45MPH and hit the brake as hard as possible. I got the bus to stop less then a foot from the TOYOTA. I ended with flat spots on all eight tires. If I had been in my Prevost at that time, I do not even want to think what the outcome would have been. I am alwys thinking about it and something tells me over and over again "my bus is not safe because of the brakes". I hope I never get in to a sitiuation like that again.
Ben