Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bay heaters

Jeff,
    Which fans are you referring to? My webasco heat exchangers have two speeds, high and normal.

Or MONICA

The name on the bay heater is Aurora Benjamin, but I can not find any source on the web for it. My bus is a '92 Beaver conversion from back in the days when the Beaver owner was trying to compete against CC. Beaver is now owned by Monico and almost know one there knows anything about these buses. This a 12 vout unit that is about 5" x 5" x 12" and heated by the webasto system.

Any leads?

GregM

Greg,

If it is a motor driving a fan in a heat exchanger you might want to pull it and check places like WW Grainger. These motors are rarely proprietary so there is a replacement out there somewhere.

Try this:

http://www.rdac.com/index.html

This is the company that makes the heat exchangers for the Webasto units in my coach and maybe that will help lead you to a replcement fan if not unit.

Greg, If you pull the motor that's probably the hard part. If the end bells are not welded onto the field housing, disassemble the motor and maybe all that you need are new ball bearings..[ I say that because you indicate it runs with axial pressure on the shaft]. If it is like many fan motors it will have pre-lubed bronze bushings that can also be replaced ( or made special at your local machine shop ) You may also get by with cleaning and lubricating either. The bushing style motor is not inferior and is often used for fire code reasons. There are different classes of motors and you should try to duplicate what you have if you think you are replacing original equipmint, or get specific application advice if you are not sure. Motor applications are very specific and should not be treated lightly, the safety of your bus is at stake. Need more just ask. JIM