Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2003 Prevost Country Coach Lexa

This was a weird deal from the beginning.......The seller supplied me with the supposedly serial number, and it was a Prevost serial number but, the serial number he gave me was for a 2002 Marathon XLII.
    Somebody got scammed when they purchased this coach a long time ago and now it looks like someone else is going to get scammed.
    The seller told me that they have had no problem registering this vehicle the last two years, I am assuming in Georgia......

Dave Wishnoff
    Liberty Coach of Florida

Hopefully, the new owner doesn't try to register it in the same state that the 02 Marathon is registered in. That will be a very rude awakening. There wasn't a national title database (may be now), so 2 identical VINs could be registered at the same time as long as they weren't in the same state and the VIN wasn't flagged as stolen.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Seems my earlier post got clipped or I screwed it up. The sentence was supposed to say a Dealer in Texas bought it for 290,000. I guess strange things have happened in the coach world.

Mikee

Same dealer has it on rvt, he didn't sell it.
    Corey Grubb & George Prentice
    1999 H3-45 Vantare
    Will & Grace-fierce felines
    Cedar Hammock, FL.

The road goes on forever
    and the party never ends

My thoughts are that maybe the 2002 Marathon was totaled at some point and someone took that serial number plate off the Marathon and then added it to the Lexa along with a new title ?????

Dave Wishnoff
    Liberty Coach of Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    My thoughts are that maybe the 2002 Marathon was totaled at some point and someone took that serial number plate off the Marathon and then added it to the Lexa along with a new title ?????
    That is quite possible. Interesting. I know that airplanes have been "rebuilt" based on the serial number data plate, but that is a completely different story.