Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Generator

Ed,

I'm glad I could help. Nice looking bus. Pictures always help.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Great Thread Dale ! Obviously others agree since it has been viewed 662 times.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Jim,

If I had it to do over again, I suppose I would go about it in a similar manner if I had an over heating problem. I think I would move through the steps below until I solved the problem:

- Make sure fluid is full and there are no visible leaks around hoses, fittings, or radiator cap
    - Make sure there is no water in the oil or that oil seems excessively high
    - Make sure fan is running at normal speed (see below)
    - Remove top hose and blow water through it and out the other side to remove the air.
    - Flush system with a good cleaner that dissolves deposits and doesn't clog radiator core
    - Check thermostat
    - Check water pump
    - Remove and rod radiator
    - If none of this works, one stick of dynamite should do the job

Fan - In my case, I verified that the fan was running by taping a piece of tissue paper to a yard stick and placing it under the radiator, under the bus. I could see the tissue blow so I knew it was getting some air through the radiator. At that point, all I knew was that it was blowing, not that is was blowing the proper volume. I did notice that it was not a fast stream of air. I had also removed my TV stuck my head behind the entertainment bay and could hear the fan running. In retrospect, it would have been much better if I had verified the belt was working properly by removing one side of the entertainment bay and checking the belt through the access door. Of course, everyone doesn't have the same setup for the fan as I do, but the steps should be about the same.
    Last edited by dale farley; 06-07-2014 at 09:04 AM.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!