Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New guy

Quote Originally Posted by lbriant View Post
    Dallas,
    Welcome aboard this will be the best $50.00 you ever spent joining,
    My coach is over 14 yrs old and I still love it,
    When I put the indicator on in traffic it usually parts , a nice prevost is a real head Turner as anyone else can probably tell you it's hard to fill up with fuel without inquiring minds',
    For an example a buddy of mine has close to a $300,000 coach maybe $250,000 it's now 2 years old 3 slides one full side fire place j couch beautiful , now out of warrantee
    major slide problems broken gears the other slide broke a 5 " wire loom!! They can't seem to fix it,they actually told them to quit locking the slides and it might help ?? it will always be a crap shoot if they go out or in, all awnings replaced shower cracked manual shaded fell off ,
    Both doors the outside and screen door are broken and they just vacation in it with no kids, We live in our bus full time,
    Don't get me wrong there is always something to do if you want to keep a nice coach that will last you a lifetime !!!!!!
    And in the Moutains the old series 60 really shines ! !!!! What a ride they drive there self ,,,,,
    Good luck in your search we looked 5 yrs before buying , I joined POG after we bought I was lucky and received a good coach but there are some real smart people on this sight you started out right,
    I wish I could find a rivet coach with slide like yours. They must be super rare. I just am a little gun shy with all the delamination problems on XL2 coaches. I know I want a pre-emission motor, so a late Xl or early XL2. Maybe even an H3 if I can find the right one.

Bacon, Check out the 2000 CC H2s at QRC or the 98 Vantare at Featherlite.
    Corey Grubb & George Prentice
    1999 H3-45 Vantare
    Will & Grace-fierce felines
    Cedar Hammock, FL.

The road goes on forever
    and the party never ends

I found 5 that fit that request on the stuff site. couple vantare couple CC and a Marathon with a trlr.

I could probably part with mine for $300,000 or so

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley
    One Chocalate Lab " Rooster " Our Baby !!!

Quote Originally Posted by coreygrubb View Post
    Bacon, Check out the 2000 CC H2s at QRC or the 98 Vantare at Featherlite.
    Looked at the Featherlite and it's nice. Not up on all the lingo. What is QRC? If it's on prevost-stuff I have seen it. I have looked at every coach on there. I am maybe being picky, but they all have something I don't like. I want more wood interior and some are white. Some have some really funky interior colors or unappealing exterior. I figure if I am going to spend the money, it better be what I want.

You will find allot of wood in a royal coach and very simple electronics, good solid coaches, That's what I was going to buy before I spent the night in our Featherlight,
    I almost traded up to a newer Royal I like the electronics and the rear walk in closet but the bays were all screwy ? Stuff I needed was on the drivers side under the slide and stuff I didn't need to ever get to was on the passenger side ?
    Hope I could shed some light ,,,,,,

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley
    One Chocalate Lab " Rooster " Our Baby !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Looked at the Featherlite and it's nice. Not up on all the lingo. What is QRC? If it's on prevost-stuff I have seen it. I have looked at every coach on there. I am maybe being picky, but they all have something I don't like. I want more wood interior and some are white. Some have some really funky interior colors or unappealing exterior. I figure if I am going to spend the money, it better be what I want.

Its always difficult to find everything you want with these Coaches. Its best to prioritize your list as to what are the top 2 or 3
    things. Regarding interiors, they can be updated and changed a lot easier and less expensive than changing the paint on a Coach.
    When I saw photos of the exterior of my coach, I was already 80 percent sold. The interior worked for me although I was leaning toward a Zebra motif.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Dallas,
    We've owned 4 Newmar coaches the latest being a 2011 Mountain Aire. We recently purchased a 2003 Prevost Liberty non slide. For us we were not only willing but actually looking forward to finding a non slide coach. After looking at a lot of pictures and having opportunity to see some in person we decided that Liberty was our favored conversion. Like you we felt that some of the coaches we looked at were to "white" inside, others, especially due to no slides, felt to "straight" like a galley kitchen feels. Liberty seemed to have a little more contrast in some of their color choices especially in the vintage we were shopping in and used more curves with their layouts than some of the others did. After settling on Liberty we then found a floor plan we liked and were fortunate enough to find a very well cared for 03. I've never been in anything that rides like this bus does. Enjoy the search. That's half the fun. Then once you have it, don't let it sit. Get out there and use it. Sitting isnt good for them anyway.
    Last edited by Bamafan; 04-05-2014 at 07:32 PM.