Quote Originally Posted by BenC View Post
You evidently have one of the few Vantare XL's equipped with the 2-Cruisair and 1 2-ton RVAC setup that became infamous on most Vantare H3-45 VIP's of the late 90's to mid 2000's. The Cruisair Units don't have a filter that would be located at the condenser unit, only at the evaporator unit inside the coach as Seabyrd referenced in her post. The RVAC is an all-in-one unit, with an coarse mesh filter (blue material) that Vantare put in front of the condenser fins, but also the cloth filter in the return air ductwork down to the intake on the unit. If you got both on the RVAC, the only other filters to worry about (unless you just want to wash out the condenser coils of the condensors = recommended every year or two, depending on use), the only other filters are the two inside. Hope that helps. If you come to POG10, I'll be happy to take a look at the switch wiring to see about "fixing that" issue of only 2 operating at a time.
Ben - this is invaluable information! Thank you so much for making me aware! We went to the bus Sunday armed with Diane's (Seabyrd) suggestions of where to look for the filters. Unfortunately, ours are apparently not located where hers and Larry's are (behind the driver's seat, behind the passenger seat, behind the refrigerator) - UNLESS I am misidentifying (or missing) the return air vents - which could be entirely possible, but there are no openings of any kind on the half wall behind the driver's seat, or behind the passenger seat - so I'm not sure where else to look. The good news is that we noticed a significant improvement in the A/C performance since we washed the large filters on the house unit in the bay and rinsed the condenser coils the previous weekend. Shooting the temps at the air supply vents with my IR thermometer gave readings of between 42 & 48 degrees Farenheit! I'm not sure if I found the right return vents, but the ones I shot gave readings of about 72 degrees (this was after the A/C had been running for about an hour). Outside ambient temps were about 90 degrees that day. Based on what I've read on POG, it sounds like my units are, in fact, operating pretty well now that I cleaned the big filter. I wish I could find the inside filters to clean them, as well.

Oh - and plugged in to 50 amp service at my storage facility, now I can run all three units simultaneously - which makes me think that there was a problem with the campgroud power when I first noticed not being able to run all three units at the same time....