Let's take a poll:

How many times have any of us driven thru CA while being over the 65' limit?

Now how many tickets have any of us received for being over the 65' limit from CHP?

Jeff Bayley, did you get a ticket when you picked up your trailer and drove thru CA?

How about the CA POG residents; Mike, Kevin, Ray, Harry, Ken Zitter, Jello-Jeep, Steve, matsprt, Art, Gary (Gary rarely tows a car) >> have any of you guys received citations?
Sorry if I left anyone out: I still don't know everyone in POG.

Also, how about Peter & BrianE up in Oregon & Washington - Have you ever received a citation driving thru CA?

I have traveled thru CA for about 15 days total over a two year period; no tickets. I know that someone has probably been cited; I would just like to know the likelyhood of it happening!

I agree with supporting FMCA and other organizations in trying to have the law changed. IMO, it is a foolish law; it's o.k. for a MH or bus to tow if the combined length is 65' but not 68'. What possible problems could arise from an extra 3 feet. Come on! This is just foolish.

Sorry for getting a little worked up; I'd just like to know what are the odds of getting a ticket!