Quote Originally Posted by Coloradobus View Post
Tuga, This Marathon Coach #687. Nice coach beautiful paint. The slideroom is from Rogue, of Medford Oregion. They folded in 2003. The first Prevost slide installed Marathon Coach XLII was Coach 700, also a 2001 conversion with a "Y" or 2000 model year shell.
Note the driver side bay doots. You will see the first 3 have what looks like a silver line across the bottom. This is a Hinge. These door swing down. Luckliy the water/sewer bay is pantagraph. When you open these bay doors you then have to crawl over them to gain access to stuff in bay.
For Rogue slides, they don't use the air bladder. They used the convertional squeegee rubber strips to seal the coach slideroom from weather. Similar to what Vantare uses.
This is the first Rogue slide room Marathon XLII I have seen. If you remember Pogger 0533. That was Bruce Harris' Coach number. All the XL45 Marathons and a few 40 footers had Rogue Rooms, Steve Bennett of Ca. Coach Co has Marathon coach #409 as a 1996 Bus
I would have to call Marathon to see if this coach was originally born a slideroom coach. Marathon may have done it, but I'm not sure if it was from the begining of the coach life.
Wow, what an informative post! Thanks Jim. The bay doors swinging down is a BFD. Is Bruce still a member of POG? I'd like his input on this coach. Think I'll give Marathon a call and see if they installed the Rogue slide or if it was done at birth by Prevost. As I understand, Marathon presently uses Valid slides on XL IIs and Prevost slides on H3s. Do they use an air gasket system on the Valid slides?

Jon makes some good points; having Prevost support is a big plus.

Boy, it sure is a gorgeous bus!