Thread: Prevost History

Default Prevost History

I was Googling Prevost LeMirage so I could learn something about the bus we are purchasing, and came across this link.

Now it was interesting, but maybe not what I was hoping for. The one we are getting is a 2004. How is that in the scheme of XLIIs? End of an era, beginning of one, etc?

I am already learning that despite it's relative newness the A/V system is not up to my long-term standards. It may need an updated Crestron system, though Liberty tells me that if they do it they won't do HDMI (really?) to the new TVs I would have to install.

The new style XLll began in 2000. This is the stainless steel siding with no rivets. The XL was produced thru 1999, with Rivets. If your Conversion is a 2004 odds are the Coach is a 2003.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

It's not, and that is something I liked about it. VIN and model year matched. Kind of justified what I consider the premium price I am paying for it. An '04 VIN translates to an '05-'06 coach for everyone else I have looked at.

Also the 04 shell had the 365 tires and 18,000 LB.front axle with a gross of 54,500 LBS,the slides were much improved in 04.