-
I am not too happy with Zip Dee awnings. When we got the bus (oct 26, 2009) the dealer had just put in a new motor in the front driver's side awning. Less than 4 times of opening/closing that awning, the motor failed again. In February 2010 I ordered a new motor from them and when it arrived, it was the wrong one. I had given them all the info for the order and they admitted to shipping the wrong one, but would not pay for shipping for the next one. Even though they screwed up, I had to pay another shipping charge. Then when we returned the old motor, Zip Dee would not warranty the motor because it had gotten "wet" according to their "inspection".
They also want a modification made to allow water to get out by drilling the housing when installing the new motor. They have a problem, and it is up to the customer to pay for it.
BTW, Steve is right, it is a two man job. I did mine when Dave from Styleworks RV Repair was here last year. He knew how it all came apart and how to adjust it.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules