Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I made AquaHot work by shaking wires that come out of Webasto...what now?

Aqua hot leaking fuel, if I remember there was a recall on about your age aqua hot to fix the pump. On a 2000 year plastic coach I had before the bus I had a big oil leak. Took it to aqua hot and they replaced the pump. Aqua hot no longer does service but will porvide a list of those that do. If you remove the control box where the wire plug in it may not be as easy as it looks. There is a lock pin that for me requires some rather hard prying to get the box out. Would offer to come help but am leaving for Denver tomorrow. We live in Montrose, CO. As LOC agrees do not drive the bus on US 550 north out of Durango

Quote Originally Posted by stevet903 View Post
    Does the clear oil smell like diesel fuel? How comfortable are you with some basic tools? It's pretty easy to pull the burner head off and see where it is leaking..... Here's a troubleshooting manual so you can see what the insides look like -
    http://www.aquahot.com/eSource/ecom/...anual03-05.pdf

Steve
    Oh and yes, I am pretty comfortable with tools. It's good to know that the head can be looked at. I'll see if I can do that tomorrow, if not on Sunday....

Quote Originally Posted by Larry W View Post
    Aqua hot leaking fuel, if I remember there was a recall on about your age aqua hot to fix the pump. On a 2000 year plastic coach I had before the bus I had a big oil leak. Took it to aqua hot and they replaced the pump. Aqua hot no longer does service but will porvide a list of those that do. If you remove the control box where the wire plug in it may not be as easy as it looks. There is a lock pin that for me requires some rather hard prying to get the box out. Would offer to come help but am leaving for Denver tomorrow. We live in Montrose, CO. As LOC agrees do not drive the bus on US 550 north out of Durango
    Hi Larry,

What a trip to meet someone with a Prevost in the SW CO mountains. I was sure I was the only one when I drove it from Indiana to Pagosa Springs last September.

It is awfully kind of you to think of coming over to help me out. That's terrific and I thank you for the thought. I left Pagosa in November, though, with the season's first significant snow storm on my heels. I thought it would be a great idea to cross the rez. Man, did I get hit up to buy Indian jewelry. I got teased a lot. It ended up being a good experience.

I am in rainy and chilly Portland, OR, visiting family. But thanks again and have a great trip. By the way, I crossed Wolf Creek Pass on only my third day of driving the coach. I got encouragement from a tourist-bus driver and a big-rv owner, at a rest area in Alamosa. All good. And I remember leaving the campground in Pagosa at night and turning left in Durango toward Dolores and the rez. Good memories.

Susan,

That must have been your bus we recently saw at Marathon in Coburg.

We recently discovered our Webasto was leaking diesel fuel from the bottom as well and I had to replace the pump. When I read the manual I discovered it recommends replacing the pump every 5 years so yours is probably due.

The pump is not hard to replace, I have instructions if you need them. If the aqua hot pump is like the Webasto be sure and get the kit which contains the small fuel pipe and washers. The LDS 18 special grease they recommend using costs more than the pump.

My new to me Royale with an Aqua Hot/Webasto has a bad fuel pump and I'm waiting on parts. I suspect the problem is with the "O" ring, but good luck trying to find parts to rebuild them.

IMG_4106.jpg

I read on someones blog that an Ace hardware #84 o-ring will work in the fuel pump if you want to try it - much better than buying a new pump.

Steve

O rings are generic and should be available at any supply house that caters to industrial customers or any rubber gasket and seal company. All you need to know is the two diameters and what it is exposed to such as diesel fuel, heat, water, coolant, etc.

Whew, I've been spending all my time with my brother, who arrived a little over a week ago. Big reunion with all the family here. It's been great and also unforgiving of time for AquaHot repairs. Just wanted to let people know why the silence...I will be returning to the issue soon and again, thanks everyone who sent help in response to my flare.