Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moto-Sat Trouble

Default Experienced dish Buyer

Joe: as I mentioned in a previous post that I have a 12 foot high door, so I have killed two dishes to date. Google in motion satellites and you will get a hit from Houston Texas - view the web pages, then call the gal and order you a trac vision, remanufactured saves you a few bucks and You can be watching Opra with the best of us.
    Not hard to install cause I did it. Good luck - I still enjoy John Wayne Movies the best.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Danss,

We have the Motosat Executive dish on our Marathon. We thought it was failing too. We took the receiver out and used it with a small manual dish and we received the same limited number of stations, and loosing more all the time.
    So, we went to Camping World, bought a new Direct TV receiever. The old reciver had been specially built for Marathon to put up the dish.
    So, calling Mitch at Motosat, he sent us a new direction finder that was "plug and play" and BINGO, we had all our channels, plus we got to keep our original dish.

Default Moto-Sat trouble

I have a new direct tv receiver but when I unhooked the old one the Dish stowed and the new receiver has no way to raise it . New problem now , I got the receiver back from Sony and they said it was fine ,but now it will not raise dish. As soon as you turn it on the screen says searching for Satellite and the dish is face down, so nothing ever happens. Do you know how to reach Mitch at Moto-Sat? I am about ready to give up! Thanks for the help, Dan
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

Call 1-800-247-7486 and follow the prompts or if they answer ask for Mitch. Tell hm you need a new direction finder for your dish. Can't remember the real name for it. Oh Ya, a Nomad II

If it IS the receiver, they are dirt cheap. $50 at Walmart or similar for a new receiver. When I purchased my bus, it included two DTV receivers. When I went to turn them on at Santa FE (at POG2), I was informed they were still on the account of the original owner, AND that even if he released them (written release), I would need to purchase two new $20 SIM cards for the units. I wouldn't be on the air for several weeks.

Instead, I went down to Walmart, picked up a new receiver for $50, and was online in minutes.

We bought our new Nomad II for $208.00 directly from Motosat. Retail cost was way more than that. If is a new direction finder you need, I would call Motosat. Ours was plug and play and has worked flawlessly, getting all the channels the old receiver wasn't picking up since the old direction finder in the old receiver that made esspecially for Marathon was no longer locking onto the satellite. We were not getting much over 60% signal. Direct TV would sent new programming but they told us we needed over 80% signal to get all the stations.
    Last edited by Coloradobus; 12-14-2006 at 01:21 PM.

Question Nomad II

Not familiar with terms --- What is the Nomad II? Is it a box in addition to the Receiver? If so Where is it normally? On the dish outside or inside by receiver?
    Sorry for all questions but my dish will not raise---I just sits there, but the message on screen says it is searching. Thanks again for all help! Dan

Hui Danss,

First I need to ask you this. With your old receiver, were you able to raise the dish? By the receiver's remote?
    If this is the case, then you have the same problem we had. When plugging in the new Direct TV receiver, there was no hardware/software for raising and aiming the dish. That is when we called Motosat. They told me I needed the Nomad II to plug in between thenew receiver and the dish. The Nomad is what raises the dish and aims it so the new receiver recieves signals from the dish.
    You push the Nomad's button to raise and stow the dish.
    Our dish is a Motosat Executive and was installed by Marathon. The old receiver was specially made and programmed for Marathon to raise the dish, aim it and stow it. Replacing this Marathon designed receiver with a new one from Camping World made our dish blind and inoperable until we got the Nomad. Hope this helps.

JIM

Default Moto-Sat problem

I will be on phone with Moto-sat when they open. Thanks Jim, for explaining the Nomad I can now at least understand where pieces fit. Tha nks again, Dan