Thread: Summer Mini Rally - Oshkosh Air Show & Hearthside Grove, Petoskey, MI - 7/23 - 7/31

Default Summer Mini Rally - Oshkosh Air Show & Hearthside Grove, Petoskey, MI - 7/23 - 7/31

I'm throwing this out as a possible mini Rally for this summer. First, everyone will be on their own and will have to make their own reservations. No plans, no schedules, no meeting, no seminars and no goats, sheep permitted!

We will provide the parking information for Oshkosh, same place we have gone before, a private owner camping area close to the action. Hearthside Grove is one of our Sponsor's, so that one is easy to deal with.

Here's a tentative schedule just as a place to start:

Oshkosh - July 23 - July 27 (Saturday to Wednesday)
    Hearthside - July 27 - July 31 (Wednesday to Sunday)

OK, now the fun begins!

Sounds good for us. Thanks.

Tom,

Does this mean that the Michigan rally announced at the October rally is toast?

Loc

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Loc & Ken,

I met with Kirk Rose in Tampa and we will be at Hearthside Grove late July early August. We had hoped to work with Signature Resorts so we could do a large rally in the same type of format that we are used to.
    Similar to our experience with the shooting facility in Kerrville, Signature just doesn't care and I don't have the confidence in their people to make it work for us.

So we went back to Hearthside hoping to be there but with the expectation that most will not have parking preferences as many of these lots are privately owned.
    They have agreed to set up a tent for us and show us the best of the area.

Jim

Loc,

Gary (Sponge Bob) was at Signature a few weeks ago and asked them to get in touch with us regarding the Rally. Here is my post today from the other thread with the results:

Gary,

She finally called and I explained what we were trying to do in Michigan for August. I asked some questions that she didn't have the answers to and said she would be back to me shortly. That's been almost two weeks with no follow up.

You would think Signature would be jumping through hoops to have a captured audience of 50 - 70 Prevost owners when their trying to sell lots, but seems like the Management (or lack thereof) has their head in the sands. I even called the owner and left a message with no response. Called two sales people and left messages, no response.

So, Mr. Skiff pulled the plug on that adventure and I totally agree with him. We're now thinking a mini Rally at Hearthside to coincide with Oshkosh, stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Skiff View Post
    Loc & Ken,

I met with Kirk Rose in Tampa and we will be at Hearthside Grove late July early August. We had hoped to work with Signature Resorts so we could do a large rally in the same type of format that we are used to.
    Similar to our experience with the shooting facility in Kerrville, Signature just doesn't care and I don't have the confidence in their people to make it work for us.

So we went back to Hearthside hoping to be there but with the expectation that most will not have parking preferences as many of these lots are privately owned.
    They have agreed to set up a tent for us and show us the best of the area.

Jim
    This is good news for us, and I was hoping to see how a luxury RV resort that isn't ORA, Signature, or MCC would compare, anyway. As for the parking situation, I volunteer to take what I get insofar as an assigned spot is concerned. Advanced age and a teetotaler constitution prohibit me from noise, liquor, and debauchery. Loved those jaleno poppers, though. We enjoyed POG IX.