Thread: VANTARE SLIDE ROOMS

Hybrid View

I cannot speak about all generations of Prevost slides, but on one that had a stuck pin there was several hours of frustration and multiple calls to Prevost techs about how to get the pin to retract.

The advice was all over the place with nothing working until Bill Jensen was asked for his help. His advice was to just jump up and down in the slide room, and in seconds the stubborn pin retracted. I suspect that the pins may require some occasional maintenance such as cleaning or lubing, but I also suspect most of the issues also have some very simple solutions.

Just my 2 cents. When I had a rear slide seal rupture thru either age or wear and tear or both, the Prevost slide seal being over engineered did not allow any daylight or moisture into the bedroom area. The design of the seal has a wiper blade both sides of the inflatable center and that contributed quite a bit to keeping things okay till the inflatable seal was replaced. I did see some dust on trhe rear wardrobe mirror, but that may have been from action the previous nite.

In addition - I learned early on in the ownership of slides that it is necessary to lubricate the slide sockets with graphite lubricant- otherwise the pins can have a hard time retracting - when that happens the pins sound like a gun going off. I believe the pins have a tendency to want to stick to the rubber recesses in the slide room if not exercised often.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost