Thread: Wind sensor repacement

scott13 Guest

Default Wind sensor repacement

Has anyone replaced their wind sensor. The instructions say just remove the old one and splice in the new one. It looks they sent me the new style even though they said they would sent the old one. I assume the new and old are interchangeable. I'm wondering what Featherlite used for sealant on the roof. It looks sort of yellow but is still fairly soft even after 10 years.

I'm assuming you have the Girard awnings. If so I don't believe the old sensors are interchangeable with the new ones. I have replaced two of them in the past and have just replaced another one. I bought three this last time because Girard informed me that Somfy is making noises like they are no longer going to be making the older style. To replace them I have always cut the old wire and used that wire to pull the new wire through the roof. After I did that this time I decided to check and see if the sensor is serviceable. I took it apart and it would be serviceable if they would sell the parts separate but also it is easy to remove the existing wire and attach it to your new sensor without disturbing the sealant or reattaching a new wire to the control box. If you want I can post a couple of pictures to illustrate.

scott13 Guest

Yyes, I called Girard today and they are sending me the old style. All I have is a post sticking out of the roof with a little horizonal wire across it. Pictures would be helpful. I'm still trying to figure out the easiest way to get on the roof.
    Last edited by scott13; 08-12-2010 at 10:57 PM.

scott13 Guest

Anybody know what they use to seal up the roof around this wind sensor or anything you punch a hole in the roof for?