Thread: Keeping Bus Door Open and ......>>>>

Born and raised in NJ..Still live there..

Default Keeping Bus Door Open and ......>>>>

Morning Everyone,

I finally have something to say...besides I love my bus...
    I can't keep the bus door open unless I tie it somehow and I haven't found a really easy, good way to do it in the whole year I have it...Help..! ??..

There may have been a spring hold on it once that's probably worn out thru the years..

I do use a bungy cord when I find something to hook it to, but there's no place on the bus except the rear view outside mirror and I don't like taking a chance on hurting that...altho' when absolutely necessary I have used a long bungy that I wrapped around the mirror base and back to the door handle..

Anyone else have this problem...and found a way to keep the door open while taking things up and down the stairs...The door is way heavier than anything I might be carrying...

I've propped a small 3 step ladder against it but that hinders my getting in and out...

I also need a place to hook my Maltese, Saffy near the coach door when I stop in Rest Areas..or even at CG's...I had an eye hook on the Dolphin...Never liked the look of it...but if I don't find another way I may have to have someone put one of those same hooks on...Can't lose her...

A bit of news about my upcoming trip to Fl. in Oct...and a question too...Isn't there going to be a mini Get Together somewhere in Fl. around that time...I would love to meet more members...

My news is that my First Cousin, John Hood, who was Evel Knivel's friend and partner for many years and who I haven't seen in 60 yrs..But since I got my bus we've been e-mailing and John is flying out to NJ for a wee Family Reunion..not many of us left..Afterwards John is going to travel with me to Fl..and I'll take him to Tampa Airport for his flight back to Acton, Ca..

Gonna be a wonderful trip...John has built two air planes ... and if I let him drive half way "smile" he'll do anything I need to the bus...and lug that 50 amp. power cord around for me..I really have a hard time manipulating that until I get a Power Winder for it...in Fl...Last year the installer who did the Dolphin was away on vacation himself...Just my luck...

Well that's it for me except that I'll be buying new House Batteries in Fl..and John is going to check out the Genset...my only problem so far with my Bus...

Hugs Always Viv
    Journey One's Cruiser
    1988 Prevost Le Mirage XL

Viv
    Door stop, Tennis ball in the door jam just above the top hinge.
    Greg<

Hi Viv:
    We lived in NJ (Livingston) for many years and just recently moved down to Tampa...I just made the trip in my 1993 Le Mirage CC about 2 weeks ago. We stayed at the KOA in St. Petersburg...an okay place near the beach with water access. A tennis ball in the door jam sounds like a good idea. We are working through some air conditioning issues we had that made that trip a hot one...make sure your A/C works well. I had my engine and generator serviced at the Prevost service center in South Plainsfield and though they were also supposed to fix the over the road A/C and didn't do a great job, I was pleased with both engine services. Hope you have a safe, cool trip!

Born and raised in NJ..Still live there..

Oh My Gosh,
    That tickles me Greg...LOL...I knew someone would have had the same problem and found a way to fix it...and I just happen to have a tennis ball that my Saffy.. "my 3 lb. Maltese Hearing Dog"..never bothers much with, but it always seems to be under my feet and nealy tripping me...so now that's gonna have a new home..smile..instead of the trash..You guys are just great..

Sorry about the AC not being fixed right in Springfield..I've been there already and they were real good to me...just showed me which batteries a jump starter should put the terminals on...and I've gone and forgotten that...darn..Soooo much to learn...didn't have time to write that down when it was being shown to me...and forgot it later..I just learned so much sooo fast this old brain couldn't absorb it all at once...

Many Thanks for the door stop..
    Hugs Always Viv
    1988 Prevost Le Mirage XL
    Journey One's Cruiser