Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bay Door Lock Malfunction

Jim,

Pictures work fine, you have to go to "Advanced" to get it done. Click on the paper clip at the top and then Add Files. I think it's easier than before.

I have had similar problems too. I lubricated mine with silicone and it has been working fine so far. Now, my bay lock indicator light will not go out no matter how many times you try. All the doors are locking and unlocking like they should but light just will not go out. Any ideas how to check the problem?

If you put the coach description in a signature it helps with answers. We can give you answers that might be accurate for our type of coach but that won't help you if you have a different conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by sswindle14260 View Post
    I have had similar problems too. I lubricated mine with silicone and it has been working fine so far. Now, my bay lock indicator light will not go out no matter how many times you try. All the doors are locking and unlocking like they should but light just will not go out. Any ideas how to check the problem?
    I think my bus is also reading these posts, seems like every time something new comes up on the forum it decides to try that just to test me to see if I notice the problem or if I do notice can I figure it out. Preparing to get on the road to Prevost today my bay door light would not go out. I tried the switch on the dash several times, then tried the switch beside the door, still have a light. went out to check that all bays werre locked found one that would not lock or unlock with the switch. I could see it trying to lock. I locked it with the key and presto light on the dash went out. So try locking all the doors with the key. It that doesn't do it there is probably one door that is not sensing that the door is locked. Just a guess.

I have a 98 Royale Coach. I have added it to my signature, I think..

On the Royale coach, if the bay indicator light on the dash stays on, there is a pretty good chance that one or more of the micro switches in the bay door is not connected or working. The micro switch is closed when the lock pin is in the unlocked position. The micro switch is connected to the same bracket that the locking mechanism is on. You have to take off the access panel on the inside of the bay door to get to it. Or it could be a loose or broken connector "anywhere" in the system. That's not much help is it!
    Good luck.

OK Royale folks...Sammy and Brenda need to know about the light to indicate the bay doors are locked. Help him out. How does Royale light the light when the bays are unlocked so he can figure out where to look when they are locked to see what is keeping power to the light circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by JIM CHALOUPKA View Post
    I have the same issue. It is not at the top of my list but is important to remedy.
    Ed (sawdust) tells me that he had the issue and found it to be an imperfect ground that he found in the bay area. I can see how this can be and will look for similar when I get a chance. That will entail removing the inside cover of the bay door. My problem is intermittent so the bad ground sounds plausible.

Keep this thread up to date with your results as I am sure there are others wanting to know.

JIM

Sheesh, we're a little testy these days!

1. Go to advanced
    2. Click the paperclip
    3. Upper right corner "add files"
    4. Next box that comes up says "select files"
    5. Your now in your hard drive, find the picture(s) and select
    6. Now upload the file
    7. Now exit the page
    8. Hit the paperclip again and select your picture
    9. View to be sure it's what you want and then post

lonesome george Guest

Default Bay door lock (or Loc?)

Here is a picture of the bay door lock operator with the cover removed. The black switch in the middle top with red wires attached is the switch that indicates the position of the lock pin. There are a number of things that can keep the light from going out with the locks locked, this switch is one of them.
    On our bus the switch contacts are closed when the lock pin is in the locked position and open with the lock is unlocked (when the switch is made). One of the wires has 12v dc supplied when the ignition switch is on and marked with a + example 117+. This is easy to check and may get you started on your way to "lights out".
    I believe the bay door locks are a Prevost device.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have added pictures to my previous post #20 above.

It is interesting to note that comparing Georges picture to mine that there was a Prevost design change.

George's is a newer design.

Thanks Tom for the one on one tutoring, it's not fun getting OLD, JIM