Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Country Coach Owners

Ted, meet Eric. Eric meet Ted. Jan meet Debbie, Debbie, meet Jan.

There I think we have that out of the way.

Default Good Ideas

I'll try a few of those, but she'll know somethings up.. LOL.... James

Are there any more CC owners that want to add their name to this list?
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Hey Dale,
    Thanks for the help. I will give you the particulars on my coach to add to the list.
    I have a complete set of manuals w/wiring for all the components of the bus.
    Not sure what level they are but they show all the boards and what each does.
    Be glad to email a few to somebody to see if they are useable.
    1998 chassis on a 1999 conversion
    40'XL
    VIN #2PCM33402W1026472 CC#60367
    Also would you email me the contact info for the company that makes all the boards.
    Some of my lights on the switches go for red to nothing when you use them while others go from yellow to green when on. (the norm I think)

Charles,

The switch changing to red is probably a problem with the switch itself. Some of them do that when they get older. There are a couple switches that are supposed to turn red, but most turn green when energized. I think some other owners have changed some of their swithes because they were turning red.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

dreamchasers Guest

Quote Originally Posted by charlesebrownjr View Post
    Hey Dale,
    Thanks for the help. I will give you the particulars on my coach to add to the list.
    I have a complete set of manuals w/wiring for all the components of the bus.
    Not sure what level they are but they show all the boards and what each does.
    Be glad to email a few to somebody to see if they are useable.
    1998 chassis on a 1999 conversion
    40'XL
    VIN #2PCM33402W1026472 CC#60367
    Also would you email me the contact info for the company that makes all the boards.
    Some of my lights on the switches go for red to nothing when you use them while others go from yellow to green when on. (the norm I think)

Charles,

The switches you are referring to made by Sunmulon and are "dear to the heart" of every Country Coach owner. Thus far, my experiences with incorrect switch indication has been faulty contacts with the lamp assembly. The conductivity of very small springs in the lamp assembly to the three prongs that are center mounted in the switch have been problematic. If you pull the lamp assembly out (I use my finger nails to prevent damage to the lamp assembly), you can look into the switch and see three prongs attached to the lamp contacts and look into the rear of the lamp assembly to see the three springs I am talking about. I have not attempted to clean the spring ends yet, I have spares, so I have replaced the lamp assemblies. If you decide to order spares, our switches use the 5 volt assemblies. Each display board has a 5 volt voltage regulator in the circuit.

I will attach the spec sheet for the Sunmulon switches. I have not ordered any switches, my coach came with a few spares. If you find a supplier for the switch and/or components, please share your experiences.

FIY - I have posted numerous schematics and diagrams on the CC Yahoo forum run by John G. I would suggest all CC owners take a look at what is available. Anyone is welcome, but the data is Country Coach specific.

Hector

sun-mulon switches.pdf

When I had Nick Hessler work on my CC, he was able to open the switches, and spray them with contact cleaner. Never needed new.

How to open? Now that is a good question ...

Default Nick Hessler

Does anyone know where Nick is and how to contact him? The last phone number I have for him is 541-321-2545 and it is not a good number.

Thanks.

dreamchasers Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Denny View Post
    Does anyone know where Nick is and how to contact him? The last phone number I have for him is 541-321-2545 and it is not a good number.

Thanks.
    Denny,

That is the same number I have for him. Humm.....

Hector

My experience with Nicks help at Branson was trouble at the daughter board and not the switch assembly.