Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guns N' Roses

That is an incredible treatment of the tune, Adam! Kudos for your creativity and awesome musicianship! I can't wait to have an opportunity to see you perform live! As an old "road whore" (touring musician) myself on and off for over 20 years, I really appreciate what it takes to do what you do! (It ain't all glamour and groupies, folks!)

I have never really been a G&R fan, but I must admit that I loved your version of Sweet Child O' Mine! If you are open to requests, how about an arrangement of some Journey tunes - like "Faithfully" or "Don't Stop Believin'"?

Adam: Thats is unbelievable,makes me tired just watching it! I guess thats a good thing won't have to go on the treadmill today

Jeff Bayley Guest

Adam- That was totally amazing. I'm jealous that I don't play any instruments except the G-String. Hard to tune though.

Do you take You Tube requests ? he,he. I once asked a guitar player in lounge if he knew the Peanuts performed by David Benoit which he does on the piano of course. He got the tune in his head and played it without missing a note. Needed pretty fast finger work to pull it off. After he finished on the guitar, he told me he had never played it before. But he played it perfect by ear which I'm quite certain you play by ear also needless to say. That song would be simple compared to the arrangment you did with the G and R tune. Thought you might find it interesting since you have such quick fingers. I would love to try to catch up to you in concert sometime.
    Last edited by Jeff Bayley; 08-28-2009 at 03:15 PM.

Thumbs up

Very enjoyable Adam, hope to hear and see you at Chautauqua some day!!!

JIM

Smile

Adam, that was incredible. Encore!!!

I understand why you have to pause every minute or so for a few seconds to catch your breath.. Damn slow internet!

Hey,
    I'm glad y'all liked it. It was a lot of fun to figure out. I'll be adding it to our regular show from now on.

As for Lynn (my previous pianist) he's fine. Just retired. Moved out to Oregon to get some peace and quiet. The new guy, Randy Morris, is... well... AWESOME! He totally rocks. Added an amazing amount of energy to our show. Helped me lock up a huge tour for 2010-11. So that's the next time we'll be all over the US. Until then, we have some nice shows scattered about. Next week we go to Korea for 3 weeks. Then we also have shows this year and early next season in El Paso, two in Michigan, a couple in Ohio, hmmmm... not sure where else. We really have to update our calendar. This trip to Korea has taken all of our attention.

I like to song requests. We regularly do the song from the Peanuts. And I'm liking the Journey requests. Careful what you ask for :-)

You guys are great. Remember, just email if you ever want to come to a specific show and I'll provide the tickets even if it means you have to carry in heavy equipment :-)

Take care,

Adam

Adam,

Waaaay cool!!

I was waiting to see a wisp of smoke from your bow at any moment.....

Great stuff. Keep it!!

Adam:

Deb, Jay, and I really enjoyed the You Tube video. Beautiful. If you ever want to add guitar, and turn it into "PianaGitFiddle" or "PianaFiddleGit," we've got the tour bus ready when you return from Korea and we'll loan Jay to the show.

We hope to see you in concert sometime, somewhere, too.

Eric, Deb, Jay Faires
    Huntsville, TN

Quote Originally Posted by hobobimmer View Post
    Adam:

Deb, Jay, and I really enjoyed the You Tube video. Beautiful. If you ever want to add guitar, and turn it into "PianaGitFiddle" or "PianaFiddleGit," we've got the tour bus ready when you return from Korea and we'll loan Jay to the show.

We hope to see you in concert sometime, somewhere, too.

Eric, Deb, Jay Faires
    Huntsville, TN
    Sounds good to me. We love when people sit in with us. Since we improv our whole show, it'd be no problem. We'll be down your way in the fall of 2010 I think.

Adam