Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: July 4th Watermelons, Nothing About Buses

NIce looking Excursion in that first photo.
    GregM

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

I thought the upgrade to the rainbow umbrella was a good move.

I wish I had a rich uncle like you Ted

Default Capitalism

Good job, I was becoming concerned that capitalism had died early last January.

And watermelons at that. Something poetic there...

Your story gives me goose bumps. Great. I'll share with Jay as soon as he awakens. Thanks for posting.

Debbie Faires

Quote Originally Posted by jello_jeep View Post
    Good job, I was becoming concerned that capitalism had died early last January.

And watermelons at that. Something poetic there...
    jello - how true! I'm just glad that you said it! Down here in the Atlanta area, I seem to be surrounded by people who have no appreciation for "poetry" (and way too much confidence in our current "leaders").

And how does Mango Mike get away with hiring such a comely staff? Mrs. Mango must have him on a very loose leash!

Default Speaking of the 4th of July

Speaking of the 4th of July - Vita, the buspuppies and I spent the weekend in Gulf Shores (actually Foley), AL at Bella Terra RV Resort. Bella Terra had a nice holiday package that included 3 nights, tickets to the July 4th concert and fireworks show at the Wharf Amphitheater in Orange Beach (5 miles away) featuring Little Big Town (incredibly good!) and Montgomery Gentry, and even a complimentary meal voucher to Rum Runners, a nice local restaurant. The concert was great; the fireworks show was way over the top (one of the best and longest I've ever seen); the staff at Bella Terra were very attentive and friendly and the amenities were outstanding (especially the pool and clubhouse complex). We (as always) met some really nice, interesting fellow RV'ers and talked buses (no POG'ers unfortunately and only two other Prevosts at the resort that I saw) and the buspuppies even made new friends!

In addition to all listed above, the Bella Terra staff coordinated several activities all weekend, including cocktail parties, games, a wonderful cookout at the pool for lunch Saturday featuring hamburgers, hotdogs, several side dishes (many contributed by guests), and all the cold beer and soft drinks you wanted!

We had a great, relaxing time - with nary a single sales pitch from Bella Terra - and we will go back! We also went by Buena Vista on the Beach (luxury RV Resort) across the highway from the beach in Orange Beach and toured the model units with one of the owner/developers, Gary. Gary is a really nice guy - trying hard to sell, but not too intrusive. The resort is one where you buy a lot and select one of 3 or 4 models of coach houses to be built on it with various options, etc. The reason we went by is because we really like the concept of an RV community with a coach house as our "home base" after we get the last of the kids out of our house (our two 16 year olds are the last of the "brood") in the next few years. 8,000 square feet for two people is crazy and I spend the vast majority of my time in 2-3 rooms on the main level anyway! However, Buena Vista on the Beach wasn't really our cup of tea because 1 - we're not really beach people, and 2 - the lots and coach houses are way over priced (in our humble opinions). They want almost $500,000 for a 3,500 sq. ft. RV lot with a coach house that has a small kitchen, small sitting/dining/whatever room, a small loft "bedroom" (up a tight spiral staircase that I propbably can't even negotiate), and a bathroom. Oh yeah - there is the option for a screened in porch and a large "closet" for washer/dryer and golf cart storage. When it's fully built out, it will no doubt be very nice, but for our purposes - too rich for our blood!

I'll try to post a few pictures of our Bella Terra weekend later (after I put them on Flickr). We'll see if I can get it right (I've had "hit & miss" results with picture posting on POG!).

Quote Originally Posted by michaeldterry View Post
    jello - how true! I'm just glad that you:

And how does Mango Mike get away with hiring such a comely staff? Mrs. Mango must have him on a very loose leash!
    Two of those staff members are daughters so they keep a real close eye on the mango dad.

Although I don't have the slightest idea how JDUB gets away with hiring this babe.

fireman.jpg
    Last edited by MangoMike; 07-07-2009 at 01:46 PM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MangoMike View Post
    Two of those staff members are daughters so they keep a real close eye on the mango dad.

Although I don't have the slightest idea how JDUB gets away with hiring this babe.

fireman.jpg

Speaking of melons, right, Mike??

Default 4th of July Weekend at Bella Terra

IMG_0076

We spent a relaxing July 4th morning at the pool where I interspersed reading in the shade with intermittent dips in the pool while waiting for the grilling to begin

IMG_0084

IMG_0073

Vita alternated sunbathing with refreshing dips in the water.

IMG_0078

A few more pictures - next post (or you can click on the pics here to go to flickr.com for the whole boring set!)

Default More Gulf Shores Pics

IMG_0096

We enjoyed the concert by Little Big Town and Montgomery Gentry at the Wharf Amphitheater complex!

IMG_0104

The post concert fireworks display was truly incredible! The pacing was fast, the shells spectacular, and the show was LONG!

IMG_0109

IMG_0122