Thread: Advice on NYC

Hybrid View

We're about 15 miles north of the George Washington Bridge in New Jersey. Off RT. 17 (Mahwah, NJ). An easy run to the Big Apple. We have one 30amp hook up and water if you need it.
    Wendy and Rick DeSilva
    '08 Marathon H-3
    2017 F350 platinum
    Mahwah, NJ
    Brant Beach, NJ
    Pelican Lake, Fla

Default Rates

FYI, I emailed them and they said price is $60 per night. Water and electric at site, sewer on premises but not at individual sites.

~Adam

I guess that's not too bad for NYC pricing. Looks like we will be there the evenings of June 14 and 15.
    Towson Engsberg
    2006 Legendary XLii DS

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Default Try Battle Row Campground

Towson,

We are going to the US Open in June. Our reservations are for the Battle Row Campground in Nassau County. It is a County Park that takes reservations first from residents but is open to the public if spots are available. This link will take you to the contact information for Nassau County Parks and Recreation Department. Carole spoke with them and they were very nice to deal with. If I recall the rate was $26.00 per day with hook ups. Not bad for being just east of NYC. The park is in Old Bethpage which has an LIRR station for trips into the City. The trains are electrified all the way to Manhattan. No more changing at Jamaica Station.

I think to get there in the bus you may have to go across the George Washington Bridge and drop back down to Long Island. I have to check into the routing later this month while meeting with the NYS Police.

Hope this helps.

http://www.nassaucountyny.gov/agenci...nds/index.html

Will,

I take it you won't be back in CA this year?

ray

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Default Ca. Here we come - next year!

Ray,

This year is an East Coast event for the Open. Its at The Black Course in Bethpage Long Island. We lived near there for seven years back in the 1980's. My how time flies! Next year it goes back to the West Coast - I think it is to Pebble Beach. We have not even discussed any routing for that trip. We will probable delay that discussion until early 2010 just to see which routes we want to take out and back.

We are talking about the possibility of going to the last couple of days of the Baloon Festival in New Mexico (I can't spell the darned name of the City)

Hope all is well with you guys in Ca.

sawdust_128 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Will Garner View Post
    Ray,

This year is an East Coast event for the Open. Its at The Black Course in Bethpage Long Island. We lived near there for seven years back in the 1980's. My how time flies! Next year it goes back to the West Coast - I think it is to Pebble Beach. We have not even discussed any routing for that trip. We will probable delay that discussion until early 2010 just to see which routes we want to take out and back.

We are talking about the possibility of going to the last couple of days of the Baloon Festival in New Mexico (I can't spell the darned name of the City)

Hope all is well with you guys in Ca.
    Will: I was thinking the same thing about the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. We need to talk about that. Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Garner View Post
    Ray, We are talking about the possibility of going to the last couple of days of the Baloon Festival in New Mexico (I can't spell the darned name of the City)
    Hey Will, its Albuquerque, and you can't spell Balloon either!

Thought I would point that out, before Lew wakes up from his morning nap.

Gary S.