Blacklab,
I have been through what you just went through with the exception of the issues caused by cold weather. Coach plugged in at a Prevost facility but no breaker switch flipped on in an 02 XLII that had batteries less than 3 months old. Spoiled the food in the fridge too.
Over six months later the bus is at the convertor for a generator no start issue that went on for over six months before the problem was solved. This means that I had no shore (and no auto gen to come on) when the voltage dropped in the house batteries while the bus was at that Prevost facility for a week plus.
While the convertor has the bus back to work on the gen issue again, (remember, this is many months later) I get a call saying my house batteries are only good for about 20 minutes with no significant load, i.e. A/C. I reply that I have been expecting this day to come for for sometime now. While the bus was at Prevost, my new batteries were largely killed off and my auto gen is trying to start the gen over and over and over again which is taxing the fuel pump, starter, etc. Indeed, the fuel pump failed while the bus was at the convertor for the gen service. I say to the service manager that he needs to speak to Prevost because the convertor took my bus to Prevost (many months before) and they both were responsible for the batteries. After two or maybe three emails, Prevost sent me a massage to let me know they were taking complete care of replacing the batteries. This after I was initially informed by the convertor that I would be paying a prorated portion of the cost. I politely reasoned out the history of how the batteries came to their demise and all was taken care of. I could have reqeusted the fuel pump be taken care of also by Prevost and in fact the convertor suggested I ask Prevost to cover it but I decided to pay for it.
I keep very detailed notes and all emails associated with all service on the bus whether I can stay with the bus or not and those notes have paid off because I can read them back play by play down to the exact time of day, who I talked to about what, what the reply or replies were, etc.
If you can't stay with the bus, leave written instructions and make sure they are put on your service order and take a copy with you so you have some documentation when you go back to pick up the bus.
In this case, you left the bus in their care and they should take care of you.
Good luck,
Richard


Reply With Quote