Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feb 12th Shuttle-Watch at TGO-Titusville

another place close by to TGO, just 1 exit north on I-95
    http://www.seasonsinthesunrvresort.com/

I believe this one is just down the street from the one listed above.
    http://willowlakes.com/index.cfm

I have not been in either of these two places, so I can not really make a recommendation. Jetty Park that Joe mentioned is nice if you like the ocean and beach, but it is 30 minutes from TGO. BUT it would be a GREAT place to watch the launch from. Getting a reservation there might be tough.
    I know a few people who rent out rv pads here at TGO, I will ask around for any that might be availble.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I called Diane today at TGO for a reservation for the shuttle launch and she said none were available, but to call back next week.....Is there another park in the area? Any suggestions other than WHY DID YOU WAIT SO LONG?
    Pete, Call her back. Tell her you are with the POG group and you are O.K. with staying in the Rally lot. I can't believe they are full. Ask AJDUCOTE to help you out if necessary. You guys need to be in there with the rest of us !

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

I will go by the office as soon as I get off work and try to determine what the story is on the rally lot. I should be able to get a list of names and if any spots are still available. Will post results later today.

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Thanks guys, I will start working on your suggestions today.

Jim, I told Diane I was with the POG group, and she said she had a standing reservation for 10 sites in the rally area and did not think she could take another one, she said she only worked on tues. and wed. and would work on the POG group next week, and I should call her back then. She would not let me leave my name for a "stand-by", just said to call next week.

AJDUCOTE, Thanks for going by the office after work to check, any help is appreciated.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

I just called the front desk and talked to Billy. There is another rally group that will be here at the same time as POG. But there are still 5 spots left in the Rally lot.
    Call and talk to anyone in reservations and tell them you are with POG and that you want to stay in the rally lot with the rest of the POG people.

If that does not work, send me your full name and a phone number and I will go to the office and twist and arm or two.

As of right now, I have an unconfirmed commitment from the real estate office here to provide wine and cheese for a happy hour at our home for the group. Still working on the details.

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Andre..Thank you for your help..You made my day. I just called and spoke with Billy who confirmed your post. We are signed up for the rally lot to arrive on Wed. 2/11 and depart on Sun. 2/15. He also said we could stay longer if necessary.

Thanks again, look forward to saying it personally and meeting new folks, and seeing old folks as well.. (Jim)

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas