Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Left Coasters: Ideas for a Midwinter Break?

Petervs Guest

Around mid Feb at Havasu sounds like fun, count us in.

Peter and Katherine

dalej Guest

I will second Peters nomination.

Default Well,

Monday the sixteenth of February 2009 is President's Day.

And traditionally on that weekend the Western Pyrotechnic Association holds it's annual Winterblast celebration.

http://www.westernpyro.org/index.php

I used to be a member but don't have enough time to do all anymore, so I just go and watch. Usually the big public display is on Sunday night as I recall. This is a fireworks show elite for sure. It is held at Sara Park which is on hwy 95 on the South end of town (gun club here too).

You can pay to go into the stands (best view) or sit out in the desert for free (for the cheap'os ) LOL...

There are so many people that sometimes they shut down hwy 95 at show time to avoid people crashing from watching the fireworks when they drive!

We will be in town that weekend and probably a little before.

We own a spot at a nice resort on the North end of town.

See the Lake Havasu sign up thread for how to book.

Michelle Dawson is in charge of sales there, and is a good friend of ours, and a really nice lady too, but don't ever say I admitted that, she will get a big head. Maybe with advance notice we could get you guys parked together in the newer section.

I had already spoken to her about the possibility of a mini rally there and we had mentioned April, but Feb is fine too.

If everyone wants to go there, we could pick a date for a dinner and I can reserve the clubhouse/kitchen for us too (free).

Other things to do there are,,, JEEPING, boating on the river, sightseeing the London Bridge area, geocaching (Kenny Z is an expert), road trip to Laughlin/Bullhead City for gambling (don't tell Dee Clark, we won't see her at all). I suppose you could run to the Grand Canyon if you had a mind to, field trip to Quartzite, fishing, Its about 2 hours to Vega$ if that floats your boat.
    Last edited by jello_jeep; 12-09-2008 at 11:31 AM.

Outdoor Motorcoach Resort in Indio is beautiful. Gary and I were there on the way back from POG3

http://orindio.com/

I belive that Ken and Mike go to the older ORA which is across the street, and is very nice as well. I don't happen to have a link to that.

That weekend looks like a possibililty for us. Perhaps we could arrange for those who want longer to arrive either ealier in the week, or stay some of the week after.

What say everyone?

Ray

Ooops, the previous link I posted was for the resort that Ken and Mike use (I believe).

The one that Gary and I stayed at is just across the street.

http://www.motorcoachcountryclub.com/main.php

BOTH, look to be a great place to stay.

Ray

I missed Jello's post. His resort is really nice too. A little further out for those of us from SoCal, but still only about a 5 hour drive from the south orange county area. I imagine it's around 8 hours for Gary.

We are at Desert Shores in Indio from today through Monday. We will be leaving Monday heading to Yuma. If anyone is in the area this weekend we would love to get together for dinner somewhere. The Tamale Festival is is in Indio this weekend also.

Both the Havasu Resort http://www.havasurvresort.com/ and the Indio resorts have room for us on the weekend of Feb. 13-16. Will try and negotiate a price for us on Monday. All else being equal will plan on Havasu because of assumed more reasonable rates, the activities available, and because it will be more centralized for anyone in central Arizona, Harry et al. The Havasu folks encouraged us to make reservations ASAP to assure an adequate number of spots. Comments, objections?

We're still not 100% for that particular weekend (son might be home from NY), but assuming we're a go, then any of those places are fine with us.

IF you wanted to get even further towards the east to help others, then Beaudry's in Tucson treated us really well in the past. I know they've filed for Chap11, but I believe they are still open (might be where Harry is staying).

Ray

We will go with the majority, but we have not been to Havasu so that sounds like a new experience. Please Reserve for us.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide