Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water Quality

Liberty's have stainless steel water tanks.

mm

Bruce,

DO NOT add the chlorine without at least some dilution first. I would mix up several gallons of water with the appropriate amount of chlorine to give you a final concentration in the full water tank.

Full strength chlorine bleach is very corrosive. You don't want to start replacing the "o" ring seals on all your filters. Some are harder to find than others.

I hear you on this. I have not actually done this by myself, last time was about 6 months ago by Marathon Fl in April. and before that when I picked the bus up in Coburg.

I did plan on diluting the chlorine in 3 large buckets to limit the concentration a little. I was also told to ride around for a bit to stir the tank a little before dumping the solution?? My plan is to run it through the system until I can smell the chlorine from all faucets in the bus, then take a ride and get it all mixed up in the tank, then dump the entire tank.

In my opinion, if you fill the tank until it starts to flow out of the overfill discharge, it should be good enough and driving around won't be necessary. The idea is to make sure that all the tank surfaces come into contact with the chlorinated solution.

Once water starts to dribble out of the over flow piping, stop filling and let things just sit for 30 minutes or so. Good time to take a break and have a beverage of choice. It's a medical fact that alcohol kills bacteria, so I often use a liberal amount to make sure the ice in my drink is safe

After your "break", then just use the pump to run the chlorinated water through everything and let sit for another hour or so. Don't forget to flush the toilet a couple of times just to freshen up that plumbing too.

Now you have time to polish something while the chlorine is doing its thing.

Afterward, just dump the water, re-fill the tank and run fresh water through everything.

Quote Originally Posted by phorner View Post
    In my opinion, if you fill the tank until it starts to flow out of the overfill discharge, it should be good enough and driving around won't be necessary. The idea is to make sure that all the tank surfaces come into contact with the chlorinated solution.

Once water starts to dribble out of the over flow piping, stop filling and let things just sit for 30 minutes or so. Good time to take a break and have a beverage of choice. It's a medical fact that alcohol kills bacteria, so I often use a liberal amount to make sure the ice in my drink is safe

After your "break", then just use the pump to run the chlorinated water through everything and let sit for another hour or so. Don't forget to flush the toilet a couple of times just to freshen up that plumbing too.

Now you have time to polish something while the chlorine is doing its thing.

Afterward, just dump the water, re-fill the tank and run fresh water through everything.
    Why bother to put chlorine in the tanks at all, lets just increase our alcohol intake.