Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Oskosh ?

Or the Locness and the WonderBeagle.

Sheep again - that's so baaaad. Don't blame the WonderBeagle.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

I don't know if it is better to wake up and have Emerson on your bus or Mary's little lamb.

Has anyone noticed that there are only two guys on this site that play with inflatables? Perhaps the Queen of the Road could make some sense of two grown boys playing with dolls.

You can never make any sense out of those two weenies! You can also never trust them.. They agree to a 4 day truce and then violate their own agreements. I don't know, maybe it's the Obama for President sticker Mango is sporting or Jdub's quest to meet and have a barbeque throw down with Nancy Pelosi! You just can't tell what direction these two degenerates will go.

IMG_2492.JPG
    Up until Tues he was a Bonanza guy, then flip flopped to a P210

IMG_2489.JPG
    Jdub's latest wheel cover design

IMG_2442_1.JPG
    He tells Rae, help wipe the bus or you have to cook tonight

They even went so far as to trash poor Brent with Sheila the Sheep and he didn't even have time to retaliate!

I'm glad to see JDUB has finally figured out his Bo is for doctors only. Real pilots fly inflatable planes such as the P210 and since he appears to have a fondness for inflatables it only makes sense that he would replace the V tailed doctor killer for a real plane.

When I talked to Truk, he had a phone in one hand and a lamb chop or something from the sheep in the other, but said " No, I'm not busy eating, I am following a Taco -Wagon.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Great time in Oshkosh...the sheep is now resting in South Dakota for the next 48 hours before it catches a ride to Yellowstone. It may just find itself on the back of a Harley by morning.

Brent

Well I have finally made it home to defend myself. I can't believe all the trouble that follows the Krakman around. Funny that he always gets hit, but those around him are strike free?

First off, I know Jon will be in denial since the newest singles to grace the Cessna line are both LOW WING airplanes. Seems even the neanderthals at Cessna have finally come around to placing the wing in the right place.

Second, the Krakman has let his rhetoric get out in front of the facts. Four day truce? Seems the photo of your lamely worded sign was taken at least a DAY before the sheep appeared. OOPS.

And Brent was just collateral damage as it seems the ACME folks actually thought a strike was being delivered on Miles' coach (same year and make), so it was just an oversight that Miles was home trying to flush some more money on the Auragen.......

But of course the trip exceeded my expectations and we met some soon to be new Pogger's over at the nice feed put on by Ken Robertson and his henchmen.

And the best part will be the video we will show at the next rally of Trukman sitting in the back of the Bonanza uttering, "Dude, can't we back it off some here" or "Dude, aren't we a little close?" or "Dude, only 57 DME to OSH" or "Dude, that is plenty close for me..."

Default An Oshkosh Pix-torial

What a great trip this year. We had such a good family time last year even the Mangoettes wanted to return. They thought all the POG guys were "fun".

Again this year we stayed right on site at the home of Marland and Pat Feltzer. Their home is located adjacent to the EAA museum, so it's close, private and priced right.

This aerial shot is from last year. You can the TugaMobile and Trukmans Plastic Fantastic down there.

OSHFelker_5091.jpg

Sitting around the busses the first night. The weather this year, unlike the hot baths in years past, was perfect with 60 degree nights and low humidity.

xmasltsbus_9497.jpg

Of course the glow was from OSU xmas inspired lighting.

Camp POG

camppog_9693.jpg
    Last edited by MangoMike; 08-01-2008 at 10:10 AM.

Default B2Osh

Up early on Saturday, the Trukman, JDUB, Abbey and I make the 2.5 hour drive down to Rockford, Il so that we can then fly back to OSH. Sounds like a typical POG thing to do.

Worth the trip, as 93 Bonanzas are lined up and ready to fly back to OSH in elements of 3. We're in element 21 so they're are 63 V tails ahead of us.

Orientation lasted an hour. Here JDUB is being querried by Trukman to see if there's a rest stop along the route.

briefing_9544.jpg

The questions got pretty intense at this point.

screenshot_9545.jpg

Apron area courtesy of UPS.

rockford1_9530.jpg

rockford2_9531.jpg

Lined up and ready for flight. Each element took off every 15 seconds. All 93 planes were in the air in 8 minutes.

runway_9551.jpg