Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: leaning coach syndrome

wrongagain Guest

PM sent to you AJ

Been busy fine tuning my snow removal techniques.
    Still have not bought the ultrasonic leak detector.
    Just got back from seeing mickey mouse.
    Nothing like driving 20 plus hours straight to beat a snowstorm.

I need a little info. Went to check on the bus at the bus barn and notice that all the air was dumped in the front but not the rear of the bus. This is the longest that it has sat since I bought it last year. It's been in there about 4 weeks. I started it up and it went right back up. Is this normal or is there a problem that needs to be looked at. Thanks

Sid & Judy Tuls
    2007 Thompson XL11 D/S

Hi Sid. First check to see if the leveling switches were left in the drive position or in manual. If it was left in the drive position, your Norgren valve is probably the culprit.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Thanks Gary, It was in the drive poistion. Do I need to go Mira Loma to have that fixed? I'am heading to Amarrilo on Tuesday and can stop and have them look at it. Is there a form that has more info on that valve? More importantly how did you and your family survive the Fires? Thanks for getting back to me.

Sid & Judy Tuls
    2007 Thompson XL11 D/S

Read this:http://www.prevost-stuff.com/prevostair.htm
    Trouble shooting can be costly, so at the very least you should have a general understanding of the system so a mechanic does not spend needless hours chasing down the trouble. If you know where the valves are located, it will help you to help them.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Sid.....

The Prevost standard is that if it sits without settling for 3 days or more it is acceptable. We can discuss whether that is reasonable or not until the bovines return home, but if you asked Prevost to repair the leans and it met that standard when they were finished removing a lot of Ben Franklins from your wallet they would not make any further repairs under warranty or without expecting you to count out some more Lewbucks.

So to specifically address what appears to be your concerns, first I would say if it took two weeks or even a month for it to settle you have a leak, but based on its size it will be a challenge to identify. I am not suggesting it cannot be done, and I don't think it can't be resolved, but it is not a leak that a brief inspection will find.

Hector's power point program is close enough to your model coach as to give you a sense of what components may be contributing to the leak. Your coach has accumulator tanks at each air bag (not shown on Hector's program) so in addition to the potential leak being at the five port Norgren or the three port Norgren in the steer compartment, you could have a leak at the fittings or the air bags or the accumulator tank drain.

Personally, until it gets worse I would ignore the leaks. Now I know a guy with a highly polished and detailed engine will find this to be heresy, but given the number of potential sources for leaks in the aux air system, and the fact that finding them is a time consuming challenge I would suggest you get in the habit of lowering the bus all the way down when you store it and make like you have no leaks. We certainly will not tell anybody. And the time saved chasing leaks can be spent polishing the engine.

Sid,

You have heard from the Guru. Trying to eliminate all leaks will drive you nuts. Jon has also made available to us his very nice bus stands. When storing your bus between trips, deflated airbags will compress and may develop stress cracks over time. Propping the bus chassis on blocks or Jon's stands before airing down will prevent these stress points from developing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sid,

I think if you can get 2-3 weeks without the leans you're walking on water.

Welcome to the club.

Mike

Thanks to everyone for the replys. This POG forum is great help to new owners. Yes, Jon has help me out before and it was just like he said! Also enjoy the ribbing that goes on the site(that's not beef rib's). I guess I'll have to make plans to go to a POG rally. Thanks again.
    P.S. What are Lewbucks????

Sid & Judy Tuls
    2007 Thompson XL11 D/S
    Visalia,Calif. / Amarrilo,Texas
    Last edited by Sid Tuls; 07-17-2008 at 01:24 PM.

Lewbucks are very hard earned dollars grudgingly spent. Guys that have earned their buses and who know the value of money spend Lewbucks.

The US Government that conficates our money will never know what a Lewbuck is. Named after our own resident curmudgeon.