Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help Please !....

Default Are House Batteries Shot ?

Could it be the Generator is Set to Auto Start, and the House Batteries are shot ?

I had to replace my house batteries and equalizers, and the first clue, WAS THE Generator continued to run to charge up the house systems?

Just a thought.

Gary S.

I agree with Gary. This could be the problem if the coach has an auto start feature for the gen set. I do not know that year of that converter well enough to remember if that feature is present.

If not then the solenoid for the fuel is the probable problem.

Tully Guest

My buddy checked the battery out and says it it shot. So, this may be the culprit. Going to put in a new battery and update you.

Thanks so much for all the input.

This site is just the best.

Tully Lee Garrett

Tully Guest

Just put in a new battery. Everything is working perfect.

Thanks,

Tully Lee Garrett

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Lets see where to begin.

I might be incorrect but I do not remember that bus having auto start.

Does it or not.

Either way:
    If it does and if their is bad house batteries, and even just one bad one, the thing would start up and run on auto start for a lot longer than 20 minutes and then shut down. It would run for a couple of hours before shutting off, right??????????????? It takes a few hours to get batteries to float. Also if you are going down the road as they were you are getting charge off the alternator to the house, right??????????

Yes one bad cell in one house battery will eventually trigger the autostart if on but that is not what you described, first they could not get any control and that could happen if one had an autostart on and was unaware BUT someone explain the surging and then on and off every 20 min???????????.

If the miracle fix was to replace the generator battery and it solved all 3 problems then I do not understand?

How was the generator restarting itself with a bad battery if the generator battery is what was replaced???????

And I am also wondering how the rpm surging to the point that a coat hanger was installed was also cured by replacing 1 battery regardless of witch one it was.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 07-16-2008 at 09:07 AM.

You mean I was right ? No way ! What did I win ? I should have won something ?

Still can't believe I might have been right?

I thought I was wrong once, but I was only mistaken.

Gary S.