Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to using Shore Power

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Judi

Are you implying you also have no power on that leg or just the meter is dead? I am assuming you have no power on that leg.

Our coach is very simple in those terms so I do not know how much help I can be but next I would check to see if you had power at both legs on the end of the the cord at the bus.

The terminals on the backside of that female plug on the bus may be hard to access so next see if you have both legs going both into and out of your transfer switch for shore and generator, if you've got one.

I would start the Generator and see if there is any change.

Next I would check if you have both legs at the fuse box, I suspect you will only have one side there.

Could be an inverter but I can not suggest anything that would help there besides looking for power in and out of both assuming you have 2. Our Heart had a breaker on the inverter itself.

I had your same symptoms once and it was my transfer switch for shore or generator.

My Bus 061.jpg
    This is what ours looks like.
    Was not a loose connection either, it was burnt. I found it by going through the steps I just described.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 07-09-2008 at 12:10 AM.

If you have tested the shore pedestal for 240 volt and 120 volt to ground, then check out your manual switch (if you have one) to make sure it is switched all the way to the on position for your cord. After that, your transfer switch, after that, your inverters, and then your breaker panel.
    If you have 120 volt to each side when your generator is running then its either your cord, shore or transfer switch.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Hello Jim,

No the cruise control problems have been present since before the lightening and electrical pedestal problems. They seem to come and go. At one time I replaced the two relays in the front run bay and the problem seemed to go away for months. I have tried same "trick" again with no improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by MangoMike View Post
    Tully,

You may want to invest in one of these surge protectors.

More info over at Prevoman.com

http://www.prevoman.com/Pages/Cool%2.../Surgepg1.html

Attachment 2973

Mango
    I saw the light today, ordered one of these at 6:15am with overnight shipping.

Thanks for the tip.

PS>The Tweety cost $333.77

Judi Brown Guest

Default Only 1 line showing power

Hi Gary,
    I have check input cable and showing 120 on each side and 220 on with both hots.
    I am going to check guage as don't seem to be short power in bus.There are 3 guages, Line 1, line 2 and house battery. Line 2 is not showing any power and did before. Husband moved cable to other side of bus and showed no power. But that has happened before and just took a little time to register.
    Thanks JB

Default Mango should get a cut

I did too, mango should be getting a kickback from this guy!

Or, maybe that is why the price went up ??

Quote Originally Posted by 0533 View Post
    I saw the light today, ordered one of these at 6:15am with overnight shipping.

Thanks for the tip.

PS>The Tweety cost $333.77