Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cruise control problems

Kim, There is no downside to changing it, but I doubt if it will have an impact. If no codes are showing up then I suspect there is something external to DDEC that is opening the circuit.

What I cannot yet figure out is how the Jake plays into this. Does your Jake function when the cruise is engaged? On my first coach the Jake was disabled once the cruise was engaged. Your description and the wiring diagrams makes it sound like the Jake does continue to function. If that is the case the fault is likely relating to connections or components between the cruise switches and the Jake. That is solely a guess and since I know diddly about this it could be all wrong.

The thing to focus on would be the components that disengage the cruise, such as brake lights, the disengage switch, the cruise power switch, and anything within that range of items. It still sounds like something is loose and is intermittently opening the circuit.

Hello Jon,

On this bus the Jake does function with the cruise on. I will change the brake light relay just to be complete. I will also check for any loose wires from the switches. I know the Jake works fine even when the cruise will not engage even if the lights on the dash and Jake switch do not function.

Hi Kim. I believe only my middle rear brake light works with my transmission brake, maybe your brake lights are the same. The Central theme seems to be the cruise control dropping out, so I would look closely at all 3 or 4 switches related to the cruise control. (on-off, Set, Resume, Decel) Also, do you have a a telltale light test switch on your Console to illuminate all of your telltale lights and do they all work?
    The only other thing I can think it woulld be would be a faulty switch on your brake pedal.
    Last edited by garyde; 07-05-2008 at 09:00 PM.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Hello Gary,

I hope that your family and house are okay reference the fires. I do have the ability to check all of the lights, and they all work. All of the brake lights work along with the horizontal light. However, the problem is that I cannot tell when checking standing still if the problem exists at that moment.